chapter 7

Washington was currently walking around the Naval District.

Just in the morning, she had gotten into the usual squabble with South Dakota with whom she was now roomed with. After that usual debacle, she left the room by herself and decided to use that opportunity to explore around.

She had already explored the Battleship dorms when she arrived with South Dakota. Now she wanted to go and see the rest of Naval District. She wasn't particularly sure where she was going currently but it couldn't hurt to explore.

Turning the corner of a building, Washington bumped into someone and both persons stumbled backwards onto the ground.

She took that back, it did kind of hurt.

"Oww." Washington groaned as she pushed herself up.

She looked over to see that the other person that she bumped into was sprawled out as well.

Washington leaned over so that she could take a closer look. She could see the defining features of the person, mainly, the miko uniform. Over right besides her was a pair of glasses.

Washington got up and made her way over to the girl, picking up the glasses.

"Hey, are you okay?" Washington said as she crouched down besides her.

The girl groaned as she lifted her head up.

"Umm, you're Kirishima right?" Washington said as she slid the glasses back onto the girl.

As she got her glasses back, Kirishima opened her eyes. As she looked over at the girl in front of her, a nervous look fell on her face. She jumped a little and tried to push herself away from her.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait." Washington said putting her hands up. "I'm not trying to hurt you."

"I don't know if I can believe you after what happened back then." Kirishima said.

Washington looked confused, then realized she was talking about way back when during the Pacific War.

"Okay, I may have been the one to sink you." Washington said in a reluctant tone. "But that's all in the past now isn't it?"

"You seemed very ecstatic just the other day about the conditions of my sinking." Kirishima countered.

Washington sweatdropped and grinned nervously as she recalled their meeting. Her and South Dakota were arguing over who it was that sunk her and Washington had celebrated.

"Well, that was just because of South Dakota."

Kirishima had a questioning look on her face.

"I act stupidly whenever I'm around South." Washington said scratching the back of her head. "It's okay, I don't mean you any harm."

Washington helped Kirishima up but she still looked dubious at Washington.

"We're allies now right? If we're going to be allies, why don't we try to get along." Washington said offering a hand.

Kirishima looked at Washington's hand, closed her eyes, and adjusted her glasses.

As she opened her eyes, her hand moved from her glasses into Washington's.

"Is that the place?" A girl said to herself as she raised her hand up to her forehead like a visor.

The girl was sailing forward across the water. If that wasn't indication she was a kanmusu, the outfit she was wearing did. The long carrier flight deck meaning she was a carrier. Her equipment was colored blue and a set of numbers at the end of the her flight deck, the numbers '16'.