chapter 8

Two ships were sitting at a table side by side. One a carrier and the other a battleship.

But the one thing that they did share in common was that they were both currently pouting.

Saratoga and South Dakota were both sitting down with their arms crossed and a cross expression on their faces. From their positions, they were watching certain people at other tables.

For Saratoga, she was peering over at one table. Sitting over there was Enterprise and Zuikaku. From the looks of what was happening, it looked like Enterprise was teasing Zuikaku again and Zuikaku was getting all flustered and yelling at Enterprise as usual.

For South Dakota, she was looking at another table where Washington and Kirishima were sitting together. They were both smiling and it looked like they were happily discussing something amongst themselves.

Saratoga let out a sigh. "Enterprise has been spending more time with Zuikaku lately."

South Dakota just scowled. "Look at Wash, all happy and smiling. For some reason, it's pissing me off.."

In essence, the two ships were jealous. To them, it seemed like their respective best friends were getting stolen away from them.

Saratoga let out a sigh and turned to her companion that was sitting next to her.

"So what's going on with you?"

South Dakota grumbled. "Washington hasn't been hanging out with me at all lately. All she's been doing is hanging out with Kirishima. And every time I look at them..."

"I think understand that feeling." Saratoga said.

The two of them let out a sigh.

"Heyyy!" Suddenly the two girls were enveloped as an arm wrapped around on one of their sides and pulled together.

Saratoga and South Dakota looked in between them to the person that had just interjected into their personal spaces.

"Kongou?" South Dakota asked incredulously at the girl.

"That's me!" Kongou exclaimed with her usual cheery face.

"What are you doing?" Saratoga asked.

"Well you two looked down so I thought I'd just come over and cheer you guys up!" Kongou said cheerfully.

Saratoga and South Dakota sweatdropped at the cheerful girl.

"So what's wrong you two?" Kongou asked.

"Err, there's nothing wrong really." Saratoga said.

"Yup, we're just fine." South Dakota said.

"Hmm." Kongou stared at them with an unbelieving look. "Are you really sure?"

"Err." South Dakota and Saratoga had an unsure and hesitant looks on their faces as Kongou looked at them with a piercing stare.

The two girls turned their head away from Kongou. Saratoga turned her head towards where Enterprise was. South Dakota turned her head towards Washington.

Kongou followed the path of their gazes. From Saratoga's eyes, she saw the pair of Enterprise and Zuikaku at one table. From South Dakota's eyes, she could see Washington and her sister Kirishima.

"Hmm." Kongou tried racking her head together what it meant. Saratoga was looking at Enterprise and Zuikaku, South Dakota was looking at Washington and Kirishima,

Then, all of a sudden it seemed like a light bulb lit over her head. A devious smile came onto her face.

"Come with me!" Kongou exclaimed before she started dragging South Dakota and Saratoga who were still enveloped in her arms.