☎️

🐞 E L I Z A 🐞

I woke up with a groan, the events of last night washed over me. Eric was here. He was in my house.

Looking over to the side of me, I noticed he wasn't in bed. I was alone. Did he leave. I wouldn't be surprised.

Pulling myself out of bed, I made my way downstairs, only for the smell of toast to hit my nose.

Eric was still here....

I paused as nerves made there way into my stomach. Why was I feeling like this. All these questions and no bloody answers.

I forced myself to continue, I enter the kitchen. Eric eyes immediately go to me. There air around us felt suffocating and awkward.

"Eliza..."

I ignored how weird it felt to hear sober Eric call me my actual name.

"I'm sorry for calling last night- for the most part I remember what happened-"

"I don't mind you calling me Eric" I spoke cutting him off

"Ok"

"Just so you know, we have a lot of shit to talk about" Eric grumbled as I took out the milk from the fridge

"I know"

There was silence again, I finish making my cereal and I sat down by the table. His eyes were watching me, I could feel it. I finished my meal, and put my plate away. He hardly touched his toast.

Eric let out a sigh, I had a feeling our conversation would start now.

"We need to start talking"

"Ok"

"The marriage thing, let's go into that"

I felt uncomfortable

"My Mum lets just say is very traditional- quite strict and all that" I start

"Erm so apparently when I was younger, I was promised to marry someone"

I go quiet again

"I only found out right after we first met- person to person"

I sigh

"The day after we met, I went to my mums house, she wanted me to meet my future man- it turns out it was my ex Henry Turner, we dated back in secondary school and we actually were together for four years until he cheated on me- his reasoning being that he knew everything about me, and that I was boring"

"Seeing him brought up memories you know- he seemed so eager about us getting married, but it made no sense to me- I tried to break it off but my mum wouldn't allow it"

"During that time I realised something, I- I actually really like you, like a lot, so I told her- a flipping mistake- but I told her and she told me to stop talking to you- I didn't want to listen to her but the woman is crazy and started swinging a knife in my face- she basically threatened me..."

"Remember how we were meant to meet up on that Saturday- I was going to tell you then... but I got scared and my mum started to get more violent, so I tried to cancel it- but you wouldn't let me-"

"Ladybird come here" Eric cut me off

I walked over to him unsure of what was going to happen. He then pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry" he murmurs

"W-why are you apologising"

"I just feel like I need to"

"I'm the one that should be apologising"

"No you should not be baby"

"Yes I should.."

He sighs and releases me from his hug

"Ladybird listen to me, this isn't your fault ok"

"Ok..."

He takes a hold of my hand and squeezes it.

"Just so you know.... I refused to listen to her, and she had enough of me it seems, so in other words she basically disowned me, the marriage is no longer happening, so at least there's that to be happy about"

"When did the marriage ending thing happen"

"Last month, I haven't seen her since"

"Ladybird, I just want you to know you're beautiful inside and out- there's so much to learn about you, I would never get bored and even when I know everything I still wouldn't get bored of you, also, I like you a lot too"

He said this with a genuine smile on his face and his ears turned a bright red. My heart felt funny.

"We're ok now right..." I asked timidly

"We're ok" he spoke softly and kissed my forehead

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I haven't updated this in ages, should I even finish this lmao