Chapter Six: Pidge hella ships it

Keith woke with Lance's face casually buried in his chest. He felt his heart leap out of his chest. Lance had his arm draped lazily over Keith's side while his other hand lightly rested in Keith's messy hair. Keith could feel his blood rise and the heat spread across his cheeks. His heart was throbbing dangerously loud.
Shit he's cute. Keith thought staring down at the back of Lance's head still pressed into his chest.

    After a few minutes when Keith's heart had begun a normal pattern was when he dared to move. Lance immediately woke up and sat up in a trance rubbing his eyes. Suddenly he noticed that his hand was still in Keith's hair. He snatched his hand away and cast his gaze elsewhere. Keith found his heart sink.

    "Sorry man, uh that was..." For once Lance stuttered into silence. Keith also looked away feeling his heat rise once more.

    "I-It's alright." He muttered sitting up likewise. He followed Lance out of bed. The blue paladin was throwing on a pair of jeans and tucking his green hoodie around himself.
    Keith did likewise throwing on his jacket likewise. He ducked into the bathroom to tone down his hair which he had assumed was a tangled mess. When he met his face he reeled back. He'd forgotten about the markings. He had to face the team this morning. He took a deep breath. Maybe everything would turn out okay? Lance hadn't acknowledged his markings in a horrified manner even in Keith did. Maybe the others would accept him. Markings aside, his hair was a mess and Keith hastily ran a comb through his black hair before ducking back out. Lance was tying his sneakers. He'd brought his clothes with him for the morning the night before.

    "You ready?" Lance asked looking back. Keith nodded and the two walked side by side down the hall to the elevator.

    "Hey, um thank you for helping me with...this" Keith muttered gesturing to his face. Lance looked at him squarely for the first time.

    "It's nothing. And there's no need to worry about the team. They'll accept you just like I do." Lance said. Suddenly he ran a hand through Keiths hair messing it up and took off.

    "Race ya!" He called with a grin dashing to the end of the hall. Keith frowned but took off at a jog after Lance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    The next few days passed without much interest. However, on the fourth day, Allura announced that the team was to take a trip to the space mall. Shiro had pulled Keith aside and set up a video call with Kolivan. Kolivan was sending Krolia and another BOM warrior to accompany her down to the mall to meet up with Keith. Keith was shining. He was excited to see his mom again. They hadn't had much time together and Keith was beaming happy at Shiro.

    "Thanks Shiro!" He called turning and bounding down the corridor to suit up. Skidding to a halt in his room staring at his armor he took it gingerly and stared at it. Again, was he really apart of the team or the Blade? He stared at his black and purple marked suit which hung behind his paladin armor and thought back to what the team had said about his purple marks.

    Keith strode once more next to Lance down the hall to the kitchen. This time lagging a bit. He still felt scared. Lance glanced back at him with his deep blue eyes. He cast a worried smile down at his friend who had his arms crossed and face down. Lance knocked on the doorframe and peeked around. Keith barely acknowledged this. He was deep in his own thoughts about what could go wrong.

    "Guys, Keith has something to show you all." Lance said. Keith inwardly groaned. Lance could have said something better...right? Lance looked back at the red paladin. He grabbed his upper arm and gently pushed him forwards. Keith finally looked up at the five faces staring at him. Their expressional reactions were brief.
    Shiro, mildly interested with his eyebrows raised.
    Allura, eyes narrowed but briefly before replaced by relief
    Coran, beaming
    Pidge, sitting with a sly smirk
    Hunk, eyes wide with disbelief with space goo stuffed into his mouth in mid-bite
And then Lance next to him, small comforting smiles. It made Keith feel tingly.

    "H-Hi." Keith muttered lamely. Coran was the first to speak.

    "Keith! What a wonderful surprise! Your inheritance markings seem to have surfaced. Now let me say, those are the best Galran streaks I've seen in a while... you should have seen Zarkon's cousin's..." He trailed off and finished with a shiver.

    "You....aren't....mad?" Keith asked peering anxiously around. Shiro shook his head.

    "Why would we be angry? They're just markings it doesn't change anything." He stated.

Hunk didn't bother swallowing his food but gave Keith a thumbs up with his eyes shining.

    "Keif za mahkings loohk rheally coohl." He said through his mouth of food. Allura clasped her hands together.

    "They look just like your mothers, they're beautiful Keith." Allura said with a smile.
Pidge was sitting with her eyes narrowed studying Keith as he let out a breath and went to take the empty seat next to her. He felt a bit uneasy but suddenly her face lit up in a realization. She chuckled before maintaining a straight face. Keith looked sideways.

    "What?" He asked. Pidge covered her mouth to keep herself from screaming.

    "I-Ive come across research about th-this before." She started tears forming at her eyes and clamping her hand even harder over her mouth. Hunk gave her a concerned look from next to her.

    "Pidge are you alright?" Hunk asked. The entire was looking at her, shaking in a spasming fit.

    "OhmY GOD gUYs. YOu ALL doNT uNDerstAnd." She started.

    "The-the shiP is HAPPEnING!" She cried slamming her hands onto the table with a determined look through her glasses. She burst out laughing. Hunk groaned and buried his face in his hands. Allura Coran And Shiro looked confused. Lance hit his head on the table with a quiet

    "Pidge nooooooo."

And Keith was utterly confused as Pidge suddenly stood and skipped out of the room with a

    "I need more research~!" Thrown out in a casual trill. Keith blinked and shook his head.

    Keith laughed out loud suddenly. Why was he so conflicted about what to wear? He closed the doors to his closet shutting out the BOM suit and throwing on his red armor. It was clear where he was accepted now. His family. It was true that Krolia was his mother and blood family, but the paladins and the two alteans in the castle were all he needed in his life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOF maybe I'll update again today or tomorrow if life permits me.