~ Dripping Mascara ~

Shelly's p.o.v
My harsh past stabbed at my brain. Reviving the memories of that fatal night. I looked up into the mirror in front of me. Watching as the dripping mascara fell down my face.

Memory*
"Dad? Are we almost there?" My little brother asked.
"Almost! Just 20 minutes left" my dad responded.
Suddenly a car drifted out of lane and drove in front of our car, speeding towards us. My mother screamed.
"Ahhhh!" We all yelled as we took the impact full force.
It felt as if everything went in slow motion.
I remembered how the car twirled in the air, only our seat belts held us down. The hood of the car was bent and buckled. The glass was cracked. The truck that caused this swirved onto its side. We eventually landed and that's where I blacked out. I woke up a few minutes later to be upside down, the car on fire and everyone passed out. I leant over my brother and opened the window somehow. I quickly unbuckled myself and him. I dragged him out and he quickly woke up. I tried to get my parents out but the fire grew, the warmth hitting my face. I backed away, blocking my face. I quickly went back in and tried to grab them but it was too late. They had both hit the windshield and blood was dripping from their heads. I was pulled back by someone. I didn't realise I was crying until then. My vision was focused on my parents in the fiery car.
Before I knew it the car exploded and I grabbed my brother and pulled him close.
"Va bene (It's okay), Matthew" I softly whispered to him as he pushed his head into the crook of my neck. I gently held the back of his head.
I picked him up and realised the man was still holding me.
"Mi dispiace (I'm sorry)" I said
He looked at me confused.
"Sorry" I repeated.
He quickly nodded and I quickly walked to the side of the road. The police arrived soon after and me and Matthew got in the back. I gave them the location of my Aunts house.
We arrived and I quickly knocked on the door, with my brothers hand in mine.
"Ciao Shelly!" She said as happy as always.
"Hi Aunt Gianna" I responded softly.
She quickly pulled me and my brother into the house. I explained the situation that had just happened. I honestly felt numb.
We heard a knock on the door. I got up with shaky legs and opened the door.
"Hello?" I asked
"Hi, uh I was just coming to check up on you, the police are at the scene" he responded.
"Oh thanks, uh did you want to come in? It's pretty cold" I continued to say.
"If you don't mind" he said.
I moved aside and he walked in.
"Aunt Gianni, this is...." I began
"Logan" he said.
"This is Logan, he's the one that saved me from the fire" I said.
She stood up and shook his hand while thanking him for saving me and my brother.
She looked over and me and smiled,then looked back at him.
I smiled weakly back and pulled my brother into a side hug. He silently cried into my shirt.
I pulled him closer to me and wrapped his blanket around him more.

Flashback*

I wiped away the dripping mascara. Before hearing a quick rapid knock on the door.
"Ottenere la porta per favore Matthew! (Get the door please Matthew!)" I yelled. I quickly wiped away the last drips and walked up stairs.
He walked through the door.
My eyes began dripping with tears again, my lips quivered at the sight of him.
Matthew came running towards me, hugging my legs. I dropped on my knees and hugged Matthew back but still looking at the guy.
"Why are you here?!" I yelled, placing Matthew's head into my shoulder.
"LASCIARE!!! (LEAVE!!!)" I yelled again. He flinched but stayed where he was.
"Why are you here?" I asked calmly.
"Shelly, I still love you" he said.

Ooooohhhhh 😂😂😂
Comment 'PINK PING' for a part 2
Comment 'OOF' for a separate story (I'll start from the begging with that 😋)
(684 words)