Chapter 3

I enter my room one last time to grab the rest of my luggage. I was staring into the big empty room; the past two weeks have flown by so fast I haven't been able to catch my breath. Ever since school finished my family and I have been getting for the move, and now it's here. 

"Grace, are you coming?"  Mom calls from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'm coming," I answer, taking one more look at my room and walk out.

Outside dad is talking to the guy that's going to be driving the moving truck, making sure he has directions to our new house. While his crew finished loading up the rest of the boxes.

I get into my parent's car, sitting next to Amy and Mike we wait for Mom and Dad to finish up.

"OK, who's ready to go!" Dad says as he gets into the car along with Mom.

"Me." Everyone responds with excitement.

Dad pulls out of the driveway and drives down our street with moving truck right behind us. I take one last look at our house and watch it get smaller and smaller as we drive away. Next stop North Carolina, I'm ready to put everything behind and have a fresh start. I want to try to be more outgoing, I've always been shy and awkward, another reason I had trouble making friends.Besides that, I'm going to be able to explore my secret life more than I've ever been able to do before. I'll find out how fast I can swim, how long I can hold my breath, or see if I can talk to animals. 

I pretty much spent the whole first few hours of the trip daydreaming until I fell asleep. I finally woke up around 5:30 am and realized that Mom and Dad didn't stop for the night. They must have been taking turns driving all night. We should almost be there; it's about a ten-hour drive. 

"Hey, are we almost there?" I ask Mom, who currently is taking her turn driving while Dad is passed out in the passenger's seat.

"We have about an hour left." She said, checking the GPS on the dashboard.

I look over at Amy and Mike; they're both asleep leaning against each other with their mouths wide open catching flys. Aw, they're so cute.

Glancing out the window the sun starts rising, which is just beautiful. I hope I have a beautiful view from my room so I can watch the sun rise in the morning, plus an ocean views also.  After enjoying the scenery for what feels like five minutes, Mom announces that we're like really close. She gets on a bridge that takes you across the ocean to the Island. Then navigates herself around the neighborhood. Finally, she enters our new street and pulls up into the driveway followed by the moving truck.  I stare at our new house from the window; it's magnificent.

'Okay, we are here, grab all your things and let's go."  Mom says very excitedly.

We all get out of the car and walk into our new home.