Chapter 5

I woke up super early the next morning, probably the earliest I've woken up in a long time. I'm usually not a morning person, and I sometimes have to force myself to get up at a decent time. But not today, I'm spending the whole day at the beach.

I got out of bed and started searching for my swimsuits through the boxes of clothes that are scattered around my room. I stubbed my toe on a can of blue paint in the process. Ouch!Why am I so clumsy?! After my toe stopped throbbing I quickly got dressed in my mint green bathing suit and put on a white sundress. Then I grabbed my necklace and headed outside.

The weather was perfect, lots of sunshine and a few small clouds scattered the sky. I breathed in the salty air as I walked down to the water. I got to a beautiful spot and placed my towel and chair on the white sand. The water washed over my toes while I stood there admiring the view. I started wading into the ocean. Once the water was at my chest, I transformed and dove into the sea.

I feel so peaceful in the water it's like a second home to me. I swim along the sandy flood heading out to deeper waters. Black and gray fish are by my side as I swim through the dark blue water. I came to a small cluster of coral, all different colors and sizes. Hundreds of fish swimming in and out, it looked like a little city.

I headed up to the surface for some air. The hot sun rays beamed down on me as I surfaced and looked around. I was kind of far out; my house looked so small from here. A bit further out I noticed a small island, I just had to check it out. I flicked my fin and dove down. I picked up some pace and headed to the Isle. The surroundings were beautiful. Beds of coral scattered the ocean floor, lushes green kelp forests here and there, tropical fish were everywhere, and even some sharks- but I stayed far away from them.

I notice the sun was getting low in the sky. I should head back; I'll come here again next time I go for a swim and finish exploring. I turned around and swam back to the beach flicking my tail every so often.  I got to the shallow water and transformed back then got out of the water. I walked up to my spot-

"Hi, " Said a voice next to me.

"AH!" I scream I turned around and there was a guy.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He said.

"That's ok I didn't even see you there," I said. Gosh, he's hot, I could stare at him all day. Stop it Grace; you just meet him.

"Ok good," he chuckled. "You just moved here right?" He asked.

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"I live down there," he said pointing to a light brown house that was the third house next to mine. "I thought I saw some moving vans last week. Anyway, welcome to the neighborhood I'm Tor." He said stretching out his hand for me to shake.

"Thanks, I'm Grace," I said then shooked his hand. I couldn't stop looking him. He was tall and tan with light brown wavy hair and hazel eye. He wore a blue tank top exposing his toned arms and swim trunks.

"I like that name; it's pretty." He said

"Thanks," I muttered out. I had butterflies in my stomach, my heart just melted and my knees were getting weak.

"Were you just out swimming." He said noticing my wet hair. "Cause I didn't see you till you got out of the water."

"Um, y-Yeah I was," I stuttered. Crap how I'm a going to cover this up, think Grace think. "I-I um swam down the coast," I said quickly hoping he'll take that as an answer.

"Oh ok, well I'll see you around Grace I need to head home, bye." He replied.

"Okay bye," I said back as I watched him walk home. I started to get a weird feeling in my stomach. But I shrugged it off its probably just nerves; I don't have a lot of experience talking to boys. Wow, I had a long day, I grabbed my towel and headed home.