seven // utilize

story: seven minutes

part: seven // utilize

____

Louis does a little 360 turn, his eyes getting bigger and bigger.

Never in a million billion years did he ever imagine that he would live in a house as nice as this one. He's just in the kitchen─which is attached to the garage, and he feels awfully small. "Want to have a look around? We can take your stuff upstairs and I'll show you around?," Harry offers and Louis nods slowly, his jaw sort of slack.

They leave the kitchen─and all it's shiny brightness─and step into a hallways that's as long as Louis' childhood home. There's various door and they all peak Louis' curiosity, but Harry promised him a tour, and the older man is lugging all of his stuff upstairs, so his overbearing curiosity can stop for a moment. "A─Are we sharing a room?," he asks and Harry looks like he's trying not to laugh. He is smiling though, and his eyes look very pretty when they're bright and happy, opposed to angry and stressed.

"I would imagine so. But we have plenty of guest bedrooms if you'd rather sleep in a different room," Harry chuckles and Louis nods.

"Good," and Harry looks over at him, nudging a thick, dark wood door opened with his foot. They walk across the room and he deposits the bags on the bed, setting right beside them. Louis looks around for a moment in awe of how utterly flawless the whole room looks. It's huge, and the over all theme is red and gold. There's an exquisite black chandelier high above their heads.

"You're not going to sleep in here?," Harry asks, and that draws Louis' attention back to him like Harry is reeling in a fish on a pole. Louis' eyes widen in surprise. He didn't suspect Harry would want to be so forward about their relationship.

"I─I─We barely know each other," he stammers and Harry's eyebrows draw together.

"You slept in my bed last night. And the night before that," Harry says, crossing his very hard and muscular arms over his chest. Louis swallows. That mustn't be a good sign. He lowers himself onto the floor, which is a very soft carpet, and looks up at Harry pleadingly.

"I feel asleep the first night... it just happened. And there was a thunderstorm last night... I... I don't do well with those...," Louis says, and Harry just stares at him. He's honestly surprised. Louis snuggled him closer last night than he has since they met in that alley, trying to keep him upside and conscious. He thought they had a breakthrough, and he's been trying to block out the knowledge that Louis is constantly flinching away from him.

Harry nods, willing himself to not become frustrated. His frustration usually comes off as anger and Louis is already scared enough of him he knows. "Okay. I'll take your clothes to your room then. Julia should be coming in to start her duties around one. She'll hang them. Pick out which room you want and I'll wait here for your return," Harry says, and Louis uncertainly starts for the door. Harry nods him off and he closes the door behind him.

The first door that he encounters, in front of Harry's, he opens automatically. It's─of course─absolutely stunning. The theme of this room is much lighter than the main room. The walls are a periwinkle color with baby blue accents. There's a pretty crystal light fixture that could almost be described as a chandelier, but it's not conventional. The bed is very large, Louis assumes a California King, and the quilt is very silver with beautiful white touches here and there. "Oh," he whispers, smiling.

It's a part of him, his waterier and windier tendencies that draw him to lighter colors. He naturally loves blues and silvers and pastels. He knows that if he and Harry are ever going to sleep in the same room someone is going to have to compromise. He can guess that Harry won't want anything too light like this one.