epilogue

story: seven minutes
part: epilogue

____

"Harry, please get Ronan, I'm afraid she'll fall off the nappy station," Louis says frantically, trying to feed Xavier and Chase at the same time.

Harry smiles and nods, he doesn't point out the fact that Ronan is half asleep and nearly pressed against the wall, nearly impossibly going to tumble onto the floor. Which has been padded with emergency pillows. "Sure, love. Do you want me to take one of those two after?," he hums, putting Alyssa into her crib.

Louis' face breaks a little in relief. "Thank you," he whispers as Harry scoops the little baby off the nappy board. She whines and squirms for a moment at being disturbed, but she wraps her tiny fingers in Harry's shirt and goes back to sleep. Harry nearly melts. A giant grin etches onto his face as he rocks a little, bringing Ronan to her own crib. His face is hurting by the time Louis is handing Chase over to him. "Hello, little baby," Harry whispers, putting the bottle of Louis' breast milk to the baby's mouth. He starts suckling automatically and Harry smiles wider, overwhelmed.

He sits carefully in the rocking chair beside Louis, and they feed their sons, all of the girls asleep. Louis looks half lidded as he brings Xavier up to his shoulder for a burp. "This is exhausting," he whispers, but he has a lax smile on his face, and Harry wants to cradle him in. "It's the boy's night to sleep with dads, isn't it?," he yawns, and Harry thinks for a moment and then nods. Louis, finished with Xavier, stands up a little shakily, "I'll meet you in the bedroom after you've finished"

Harry smiles as he gives him his cheeks to kiss. "Alright, love. I think Chasey is nearly finished," he smiles, and both boys look down at the baby in Harry's arms, his eyes fluttering sleepily, covering and uncovering shocking blue eyes that Harry really hopes stay. Louis uses his free hand to stroke Chase's cheek, and kisses Harry's.

It only takes about three or four minutes for Chase to finish and Harry to burp him before he wraps him up in his arms proper and checks on the five girls in their respective cribs. Sound asleep. So, tiptoeing, Harry walks through their room and through the hall.

He stops for a few moments to reminisce. He remembers the time he accidentally electrocuted Louis, and he hid in a closet, and ended up hitting Harry top of the head with it. It's funny to think about now, now that they've settled down and had babies, but Harry can still feel the fear of losing him that he felt then, just thinking about it. So, he focuses on Chase and walks into his and Louis' room, shutting the door behind him. "I thought you'd never come," Louis murmurs sleepily, Xavier rising and falling as Louis' bare chest does. Harry smiles at him and walks over to the bed, kissing him on the mouth. "Gimme my Chasey, you go get ready for bed," Louis smiles sleepily, and Harry just knows that he didn't put Xavier down for one second while he was getting dressed.

By 'getting dressed,' Harry settles on pulling his shirt over his head, tossing it into the bin, and pulling his pants down, leaving him in just his boxers. He looks over his shoulder, and Louis is watching him with sleep hooded eyes. "I'm going to brush my teeth, I'll be right back," he promises, picking the pants up off the floor, throwing them after the shirt. He makes quick work of brushing his teeth, and he's surprised to see Louis still awake when he comes out. "Gimme one of the boys, baby, you need to sleep," he says softly, and Louis gently hands over Xavier.

They are doing the 'sleeping with your baby' thing, except they have 7 babies and 2 chests in all. Louis smiles at him in his cute, fluffy, sleepy state, and Harry kisses his forehead. "Mm, goodnight. Love you," he murmurs, and Harry grins widely, his chest expanding almost painfully.

"Love you, too"

+

"I think my mum and the younger ones are coming over at some point in the day," Louis informs Harry as they strap baby after baby into a highchair. Harry nods, he knows how much Louis hates to be left alone while he's working through the day and part of the night. "Ernest and Dori are getting pretty big," he says, wishing that their babies would stay little forever. Harry snorts a humored laugh as he gets Colette into her highchair, getting Maisen into hers with his other hand.