eleven // livid

story: seven minutes
part: eleven // livid
_____

After nearly an hour of waiting to make sure Louis' food was settled, they let him into Harry's room. His supper wasn't something that would normally be very filling-it bread chunks in warm milk-but he felt filled to the brim after only about three-fourths of the bowl. But they promised him that if he kept his food down the medicine would work faster and he could be moved into Harry's room in thirty minutes. And he needed to speak to Harry immediately.

So here he is, in Harry's room, his eyes closed as his soulie twiddles his hair.

They didn't say a word when Louis got here, they both just collapsed into each other like they've known each other for years. That's what the soulie bond makes you feel like though. Louis has to restrain himself from cuddling into Harry, he figures it's too soon, but Harry can't even try to fight his soulie bond, he's holding Louis so tight to him that the smaller boy is finding it hard to breath.

"How is Jesy?," Louis asks after a while. He can fell Harry's chest expands on his back as he sighs. Louis moves his head to face the older man and sees that his eyes are closed. He takes that as his chance to look over Harry's face. Like he's seen before, Harry looks so young when he's in a vulnerable state. His face and body-like Louis'-is littered with little tiny, raw holes. The doctor came in to re-clean them before they took him to Harry. He explained that the holes are craters from the impact from debris; rocks, explosives, human bone. Louis shudders and caves in a little, tucking his head under Harry's chin.

"You'll have to see her for yourself... It's... she's not looking too good, babe... She'll live, but...," Louis hushes him by putting a hand on his chest and he gets the message, clamming it. He starts twiddling Louis' hair again and Louis closes his eyes. He barely has them shut for twenty seconds before the darkness takes form. He can see the gore of hundreds of people raining down on him, explicitly the clothed foot that landed beside his head. At the speed it was going, it could have crushed Louis' nose, maybe even his skull. "You get used to it," Harry says, he can feel Louis' breath pick up from his panic.

"What?," Louis chokes, swallowing deeply, his eyes open.

Harry strokes the shell of his ear a few times, humming to him gently. "The gore... I would say you get used to the feeling of the loss, but you don't. It goes with you, but it'll make you stronger," he says quietly, keeping up the soothing pace in Louis' hair. The smaller boy sighs as a few wet streaks crawl down his cheeks. He doesn't want to 'get used to' the gore. He doesn't want to deal with the loss, he wants to go home. "Go to sleep, love. We've got an early morning tomorrow," Harry whispers and Louis nods, he closes his eyes when Harry turn the side lamp off. He still sees it.

+

"-Murs and his guys are the ones that found us, yes. Yes... I've got Lloyd and her people investigating. I do not understand how anybody found the Bunker, much less plated a bomb in the ground of it! Yes, figure it out. No. Yes... okay. Do it and report back to me," Harry says, signing his and Louis' discharge papers, along with their prescriptions. He hangs up with no farewell and puts his-new-phone back into his pants. Michael brought Harry and Louis the clothes and Harry a new phone early this morning. Anything glass broke during the explosion. Except the watchers, of course, they're indestructible. Louis looks down at the wrist garment. 70 more years... But Louis knows how quickly that could change. He blinks in surprise when he looks up to see Harry, Michael, and the doctor all looking at him.

"What?," he blushes, Harry smiles at him.

"I asked if your ankle was feeling okay. Your arm?," the doctor says, putting his clipboard with the release papers down. Louis blink his eyes again and nods, looking down at his bandaged arm. "That's good, that's good. I expect you to make a speedy recovery. Now be careful with that ankle, it's going to take a few weeks to heal. I think it might've been injured before the explosion, and that just shattered it?," he assumes and Louis shudders at the word 'shattered'. It sounds so grotesque. He nods anyways and the man picks his clipboard back up, checking through it one last time. "Okay. I've got you some salves in here that should have your arm fixed within three weeks. But the skin will be broken very easily, you've lost so many layers. What happened with the electricity, if I'm allowed to ask. I saw the lightning shape," he says and Harry stiffens.