thirteen // magnitude

story: seven minutes
part: thirteen // magnitude
____

"Is your mate going to be alright?," Calum whispers as Harry walks into the kitchen, his face ashen. He and Michael had both heard the cup fall from downstairs, and they could hear Louis' sobs until, they assume, he fell asleep.

Harry nods and plops down in the chair he had previously sat in. The table seems much smaller without Louis' quiet, but vibrant presence. "Yeah, I think he will be. He's just been bottling it up. I should've... I don't know. I should've done something more to help him. I've been practically hurtling him into danger, it doesn't surprise me that he feels this way," he mutters, dragging his hands through his hair, "He cried himself to sleep, murmuring about wanting to go home, missing his mum and siblings" If Harry didn't mind being touched, he would be engulfed in a three person hug. But he doesn't. So they just look at him in sympathy.

Michael takes a sip out of his cup, wincing as it nudges his nose. "What are you going to do now that Sims is ganked? He was the second in command, so does that make Louis -"

"No," Harry interrupts immediately, shutting his eyes tightly. Michael and Calum look at each other, their eyebrows furrowed. "Louis will never be the leader of the gang. Or any of our children. I'll figure something out, but I don't plan on needing a replacement any time soon," he mutters.

"What is his fertility number?," Calum asks, changing the subject. Harry actually cracks a smirk at that, chuckling a little.

"Eight," he says, and both of the other gang members gasp.

Neither say anything for a moment. 8 is such a large number in terms for fertility. That's like... 5 babies at one time, no problem. "Whoa, mate," Calum says, his eyes wide as Michael nods beside him. Harry nods his head in agreement. "I think he's gonna be a great dad. It just kind of fits, don't it? He looks like he's made to have children," he adds and Harry laughs out loud.

"Well I wouldn't be putting any gender bets quite yet, he won't even sleep in the same bed with me unless he's hurt or there's a thunderstorm," Harry says, his smile still palpable. Calum whoops at that, and Harry lightheartedly scowls at his long-time mate. "Speaking of the devil, I want to give him some Advil's when he's up, he'll probably ache from all of the crying and his ankle medicine doesn't really help with headaches," Harry says and Calum points him to the cabinet that has all of the medicines.

"Did he break his ankle during the explosion? His arm, too? I noticed his arm was bandaged up," Calum asks and Harry tenses.

He can not comprehend just how terrible he feels for hurting Louis.

The doctor said the tissue should be repairing, but it'll scar in the shape of an expanse of lightning. "Um... well his ankle was hurt before we met. Like, three minutes before we met. I had gotten off the plane from America and Poe had sent some guys to get rid of me. I got away from them and we literally ran into each other. I had around seven minutes left. That's what his watcher said, anyways. And that whole myth about your stomach dropping when you meet your soulie is a huge understatement. It felt more strong than getting shot. And Louis didn't faint. Like I said, he's strong," Harry explains, and that's probably the most he's said at one time.

"That didn't really answer my question, mate," Calum chuckles and Michael tenses. People don't talk to Harry like that. He's genuinely surprised as Harry's face remains neutral. He sighs, though, and Calum looks at him in concern. "What happened to him?"

"I...," Harry weakly starts, closing his eyes again, then opening them and focusing on his hands. "He was at some bar with his mate. He told me that he was drunk and got violent. He used his windier abilities to slam a door on him, it caught his ankle. It was just kinda sprained. And he still ran on it. He bumped into me in one of the alleys near the pub. The guys that were following me caught up, and I couldn't help him, I couldn't help either of us. Both he held his own, he got burned, but he literally disarmed both guys. Full body ice, up to their necks. The force of the explosion just kinda killed his ankle," he drawls, looking up to dare Michael to add the part where he accidentally electrocuted him. "He was so strong that night, I don't know what's happened," he whispers, saddened that his poor soulie is scared constantly.