Chapter 1: Winter Wonders

"[Name], it's cold," The lazy response flew into your ears, your friend's face covered with a scarf in an attempt to keep warm. Mina Summers.

She was pretty hot-headed and had a bubbly personality, fitting her last name really well

She was pretty hot-headed and had a bubbly personality, fitting her last name really well. It gave off the obvious sign she disliked winter.

"You've repeated that the entire class period and there's nothing we can do about it. The heater broke down, they're getting it fixed. It will be fine in a few days," You responded back, flipping a page in your textbook to jot down more notes.

"A few days! Who knows what will happen in a few days! I'll freeze to death before that happens!" Mina exclaimed rather dramatically. "I want winter to end already, I hate it! I hate the cold! And shouldn't you people in the Engineering course be attending to this?!"

"I'm taking Computer Science and Engineering. I'm not as advanced as our Mechanical Engineering team as we focus more on the construction of computers. And just live through this, you won't die," You took her notebook and began to write your notes into her notebook, knowing full well she wasn't going to take notes. If you didn't do it now, she is most likely going to spam you about it and then complain the next day how you ended up making her fail. It wasn't your responsibility, but you didn't mind doing this.

"But I will die! You don't understand!" Mina leaned back in her seat and sighed before turning back to you, grinning widely. "So... How's you and Jackson?"

"We're fine."

"You know what I mean, [Name]~."

"No, I don't."

"Come on, aren't you guys dating?"

With a sigh, you turned your eyes away from the paper and towards her, "For the last time Mina, we are not. Do you have to ask that all the time?"

She laughed and patted your back, "Come on, he's so good looking! You can't pass at that! I'd smash!"

"If you find him so good looking, go talk to him yourself."

"He'll never notice me, he's always on about you! His precious little junior~."

"We're just friends, he's also my senior," You closed the textbook as well as the notebooks, taking your pencil and placing it into your pencil pouch. Cleaning up the rest of the work on the desk, you handed Mina back her notebook which she was displeased at due to your response.