Chapter 4: Bloodshot Rubies

A smirk can be seen and he released the girl's hand from his. You didn't waste any time to leave the shop and see Saburou standing at the same spot he was at previously with his arms crossed. He was observing his surroundings and you rushed over to him. He turned his head and his calm expression brightened up once seeing the bag in your hand, "May that possibly be the cake thing you were referring to?!"

"Yeah, I didn't know what you would like so I bought you a random one. Let's go eat over there," You gestured towards a table for two in the distance. It was away from the bakery and you didn't want to see the CEO now. You began to feel regret for submitting the application with no experience. There were probably thousands of people who applied and your name can easily be lost in the pile as well as easily discarded into the rejected bin. You won't be surprised if you didn't get the job. Maybe you should just apply for the bakery or the local Wc'Donald's. Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

"Are we not allowed to partake in this inside?"

"It's pretty full. I thought we can get some peace and quiet over there."

"If you insist!"

Hence, you two sat together. The bakery thankfully had given you forks for the cakes and you passed him his once opening the box. He observed the fork and you frowned, "You've seriously never seen a fork before?" You hoped he didn't assume the fork was used to brush hair like The Small Mermaid.

"It's intriguing. I assume you use this obscure object on this so-called cake..."

"No, we use it every day to eat."

"Not chopsticks?"

"At least not with cake. Some do I suppose."

"Demonstrate."

"You just stab it," You brought your fork down on the cake and got a clean cut out, the cut pretty satisfying and not destroying the cake. You saw Saburou cringe a little at the brutal stab before doing the same. He was then impressed when he got a clean cut too. It really wasn't anything impressive. Though, you had to give him points for someone living in a totally different timeline. He had tucked his wings fully away and if anyone looked, it would seem like a couple was hanging out.

If he wasn't attracting unnecessary attention.

His entire appearance by using the model made him stand out easily. A lot of girls would look over and whisper about how attractive he was, almost like the model himself. You began to regret making him change into this guy.

A girl hesitantly walked over with her friends in the back grinning. She looked over at Saburou and smiled with a blush, "Um, are you Xabi Vadim?"

"I-"

"No, he isn't. He may look like him but he isn't. He also isn't a relative to that supermodel."

"O-oh, I see..." She gave you a weirded look for your rude comment before returning to her friends to tell them the news.