Part 4

Lila stumbled as someone knocked into her maliciously, causing her to drop her books. The two girls giggled and continued on, not caring to help her. Lila grumbled, narrowing her eyes. Ever since it got out that she was a liar, people have been treating her like crap. She couldn't catch a break!

'It's all Ladybug's fault! I wish she would just disappear!' Lila thought waspishly. Another hand joined hers in picking up her belongings. Lila's eyes widened, glancing up to find beautiful bluebell eyes staring back at her. The girl they belonged to gave her a sheepish smile.

"Lila, right?" the girl asked, assisting her with her books. Lila furrowed her brow in suspicion.

"What? Come to make fun of me too because I'm a liar?" Lila hissed. The girl was startled, remorse flashed in her eyes, before she shook her head, smiling.

"I... I heard what Ladybug did. I'm sorry she did that to you. Even if you were lying, that wasn't right, and I hope she gives you a proper apology one day. You deserve to get a proper apology." The girl told her, both of them standing up and the blue-haired girl returning the brown-haired girl's books. "You're so upfront with your feelings. I wish I could say things to the person I like without looking like an idiot. I'm jealous." The girl admitted bashfully, and Lila felt her heart skip a beat. This was the only girl she came across that saw Ladybug with flaws. Even Adrien, who saw what Ladybug did, still found her to be amazing. It was so frustrating!

"Thank you..." Lila said sincerely, not sure on what the girl's name was.

"Marinette. My name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng. I'm class president." The girl, Marinette, held her hand out for Lila to shake. Marinette was surprised when the girl grabbed her hand to pull them closer, and Lila kissed both her cheeks.

"That's how you say hello in France, yes?" Lila smiled, and Marinette smiled with her. Lila found herself liking this Marinette. She felt the girl understood her as they talked about unrequited feelings and how they handled them. The more they talked, the more Lila felt herself forget about Adrien and resonate with Marinette. They talked about how Ladybug could improve, and how the other heroes were just as good as her. Lila felt her heart warm from Marinette's smile and laughter, finding herself wanting to listen to it forever.

However, their serenity came to a halt when they arrived at their classroom.

"Marinette!" Alya exclaimed, hugging her close. The redhead gave Lila a curious glance before focusing on Marinette completely. Nino waved them over and Marinette invited Lila along, the three girls going over to Nino and Adrien's seats.

"Hey ladies!" Nino greeted, tipping his hat to them. Marinette and Alya giggled as Adrien chuckled. Lila found herself feeling awkward, but Marinette didn't let her feel that way for long.

"Guys, you remember Lila, right?" she introduced the Italian girl to them. If she didn't know any better, she could've sworn the three of them gave her a suspicious look before grinning and greeting her, but maybe it was her imagination.

"Yeah, you know Ladybug right? How cool is that?" Nino asked. Lila felt herself shrink.

"I... actually I don't know her." Lila admitted. Before they could voice their responses, Marinette chimed in.

"Not that that matters because you're still very nice." Marinette complimented her, making Lila blush.

"Marinette, how are your designs going? I'm sure you have something talented up your sleeve." Adrien interrupted, grinning at the blue-haired girl, his eyes sparkling. Marinette blushed and began to stutter out protests, saying she wasn't really that great, but Adrien wasn't hearing it. "Nonsense! You won my dad's competition, right? That proves you're talented if you can impress my father, and me of course!" he winked at her. Lila's eyes narrowed at the flirty nature he acted with. Nino and Alya gave him a look like they wanted to smother him with a pillow as well. Marinette was too busy giggling and stuttering out thank yous.

'No way...' Lila thought, examining the way Adrien held himself. The boy even got up from his seat to stand next to the designer as she showed him her designs in her sketchbook. Lila clenched her teeth when she caught Adrien maneuvering an arm over her to point out a design, effectively trapping Marinette, who didn't notice, too engrossed in describing her designs. 'Oh hell no'

"Hey Marinette," Lila put on her sweetest tone and smile.

"Hm?" Marinette gave Lila her full attention. She then blushed. "Oh I'm sorry Lila! I hope you don't feel ignored! I get caught up in my designs sometimes!" Marinette apologized.

"It's okay, Marinette." Lila cooed, patting her head. Lila inwardly grinned as she felt three pairs of eyes on her. "Actually, do you think you can sit with me today and show me your designs? It's just... it's rather lonely being unable to sit with a friend and all..."

"Of course!" Marinette readily agreed. Alya looked sick.

"B-But Marinette, I don't think Miss Bustier would be okay with that!" Alya protested. Marinette waved her off.

"It's fine, Alya! I'm sure Miss Bustier will be fine with it as long as I pay attention." Marinette soothed her friend. Adrien looked reluctant to let her slip out of his hold, but Lila didn't care, easily removing his arm from the girl, and linking arms with her to lead her up to her desk.

"See? You guys don't need to worry about her! She's a tough girl! And super cute, no?" Lila winked at Marinette, who giggled.

"Not as cute as all my friends, I'm afraid. You're all so much cuter than me." Marinette complimented, and the four other students felt their hearts warm at her praise.

'She's definitely wrong about that one.' They all thought in their minds, blushing at her.

"Oh, you're certainly a keeper! I think I'll keep you." Lila cooed, and Alya, Nino, and Adrien's eyes narrowed in challenge, catching the double meaning. She gave them a smug smirk, not backing down. 'Take that Adrien, you two-timer!'

"Don't hog her, Lila. She's a keeper for me as well." Alya gave her a smile, but Lila could tell it was fake.

"Of course! Who am I to separate best friends?" Lila emphasized and Alya frowned.

"See you guys at lunch, okay?" Marinette bid them as she and Lila went up towards the back. The Italian girl could feel the three burning a hole into her back as she took away their precious pearl, but she didn't care. She had a precious treasure.

She wasn't lying when she said she was intending to keep her.

------------------

Karin: So there's Lila/Marinette! More to come! Thank you so much for everyone who reviewed, followed, and favorited this story!