Part 5

Miss Bustier groaned while she gazed down at the lesson plan for the week. Seeing the upcoming group project assignment for her class made her want to buy a whole bottle of wine and gulp it down without any regret. It wasn't like her class was difficult and would not do the group projects (besides a certain Mayor's daughter), but every time a group project was announced, there seemed to be a certain essence of chaos around the room when forming the groups. No one was excluded—quite the opposite actually—everyone wanted to fight for the same person in their group.

Every group project, without fail, the darling president Marinette Dupain-Cheng would be fought over to join in someone's group. At first, Miss Bustier thought that it was because Marinette was a hard worker, so she was afraid the other kids would use to her to do the work. However, she was surprised whatever group Marinette was in, they would always try to give her less work—to which the girl protested every time profusely—treating her as if she was some type of princess that needed pampering. She admired though that her student didn't let it go to her head and actually seemed quite oblivious to how precious she really was to the class.

'And now Adrien, Lila and Alya are here too' Miss Bustier moaned in her mind, wanting to bang her head against her desk. She took a sip of her coffee, wishing it was wine. 'No doubt they'll fight for her too.' She concluded, seeing the looks Adrien and Alya give the class president. She sighed, rubbing her temples. She couldn't let this get to her. She could do this. She could salvage this.

'Hopefully we don't have to resort to assigned groups to cut the argument again...'

With that, she gathered her binders and made her way to her classroom. She could hear her students all chatting with each other, but upon her entrance, they settled down and she gave them a smile in gratitude.

"Good morning class!" she greeted. Some gave her smiles while others groaned at the fact that school was starting. She smiled in mirth. Teenagers. "Today we have a special plan today. I've decided to assign you all a group project." Groans were emitted, making her smile more. "Some of the credit will go towards extra credit." She promised. Finally, came the hard part. "Now I would like everyone to pick their groups."

And just like that, all her students perked up, like she awarded them a special treat, and they flickered their eyes to a certain blue haired girl in the room who was the only one giving Miss Bustier her attention.

'Maybe it won't be as bad as last time...'

"I call Marinette!" Alix claimed, gathering her stuff to flee to the pig tailed girl. Kim yanked her back by her shirt.

"No fair! You can't just call dibs!" Kim protested. Max tallied some calculations beside him.

"I believe it should be whoever reaches Marinette first should get to ask her." Max said. Lila scooched closer to Marinette when she heard that, staking a claim.

"That's an excellent idea Max! Marinette would you like to work together?" Lila asked smiling. Marinette gave her a smile back.

"Sure! That could be fun!" she then looked out the window, her eyes widening, and she excused herself quickly. Everyone watched her go with sadness before zeroing in on Miss Bustier.

"Wait wait—how many to a group Miss Bustier?" Rose asked, titling her head. Everyone directed their gazes at the teacher, and Miss Bustier felt sweat trickle down her face.

"Umm four per group...?" she said, uncertain. The rest of the class gave a stare in challenge.

"I would love to work with Marinette!" Sabrina called, standing up. Chloe looked at her in surprise. "She and I work well together!"

"I guess then I will be paired with Dupain-Cheng too." Chloe added, smirking inwardly at herself. The rest of the class narrowed their eyes.

"It should be me, Adrien, and Alya with her." Nino debated. "She's closest with us and won't be uncomfortable." Adrien and Alya nodded.

"That's right! She works well with me too and we have each other's phone numbers so it's easier to get things done." Alya stated, daring them to object.

"My dad likes Marinette and won't really allow other kids into my house unless she's around. I kinda need to be in her group." Adrien cut in.

"Oh come on! You guys always get her! And Sabrina, Chloe! You guys had your turn!" Alix argued.

"Marinette explains things better than other people. It would be nice to have her." Mylene commented. Ivan nodded in agreement, patting her head. Mylene blushed in happiness.

"Marinette and I are used to working together so I would like to work with her." Nathaniel announced.

"I think we should have some diversity here." Juleka said, crossing her arms. "Let Marinette be with people she's hasn't really been with yet this year."

"She's only been with me once! I should get her again!" Chloe retorted. Rose gave her a glare.

"So you can use her to do your work? No, Marinette needs new people this time."

"Well I'm already in a group with her so you guys can squabble all you want. I got the okay from her." Lila smirked. Everyone gave her a glower.

'Scratch that. I need two bottles of wine. Two full bottles.' Miss Bustier thought to herself, feeling a familiar migraine coming on. She resisted the urge to rub her temples again.

"Chloe and I are getting Marinette!" Sabrina exclaimed.

"No way! Nino, me, and Adrien should get her!" Alya snapped back.

"You can't just bump me off when I already got told yes!" Lila protested. Alya gave her a saccharine smile.

"Best friends win over acquaintances." A look was exchanged between them and Lila growled at her words being thrown back at her.

"I say we compete for her!" Kim proposed. "Let's do a race!"

"That's unfair! Then only you and Alix have a chance at winning by the odds." Max commented. Kim gave a smirk.

"Duh!"

"Enough!" Miss Bustier shouted, slamming her binder against the desk. The students quieted and turned towards her. She pinched the bridge of her nose. "Assigned groups! Lila, since you actually asked Marinette, you get to be in her group—" Lila stuck her tongue out at everyone, "Along with Alya and Juleka!" the smirk on Lila's face died at the mention of Marinette's best friend. "Next group is Sabrina, Chloe, Alix, and Kim! Then there's Max, Adrien, Nino, and Rose! Finally, Nathaniel, Mylene and Ivan will be together as a group of three! Any questions?" Everyone shook their heads. Miss Bustier smiled. "Excellent! Now when Marinette gets back I want you all to get into your groups!" the class murmured out agreements and gathered their things to separate. Miss Bustier turned pensive. "Now, where is that girl?"

------------------------------

"Where is everyone?!" Ladybug cried as she evaded the akuma's attack.

--------------------------------

Karin: What do you guys think? Sorry it's short.