✐Both; Chapter One ✐

{2nd Person Point of View}

"Y/N, the simulator is ready when you are." Iverson spoke, regaining your easily-taken attention. After apologizing briefly for being distracted, you bookmarked your writing journal page with the little ribbon string, shut it and stuffed it (along with your pencil) in your underarm.

You already missed the sound of lead itching paper, but we can't always have what we want at all times, can we? If we did, you'd lounging with your family in your mansion on the moon, writing about whatever you wanted for the rest of eternity.

As for today, you had to make do with taking detailed notes on the mistakes previous fighter pilots made- right down to the buttons and how to do them right. This was so you could get through it- like always- without an unseen problem coming between you and your top score.

Although forcing yourself to succeed day in and day out is hard and pressured by your own goals, you don't really let yourself get to you. After people started realizing 'Wow, look how smart the new girl is!' And 'Dang, Y/N just got a perfect score on the flight test!', not only did you learn that you must succeed every time, but you also can not fail.

Otherwise, all of your reputation goes down the drain in one fatal move. And no matter how badly you tell yourself that you don't want it, you don't want it taken away from you either.

Failure is a sin when you've come this far. But that's how your life has been since.. that. You endure it for the sake of your education, because what's more important? Your future, or society's judgmental tags?

Both, you've decided.

You are focusing on you, and not so much the you that other people see, but still caring somewhat. And that little bit of care that you have? Reputation. Good grades. All that jazz.

Who else was there to do care about you? Certainly not your family, and definitely not a boyfriend or girlfriend.

After your top scores in a required video-game like test, you had been put into the flight program at the prestigious Galaxy Garrison. (by recommendation, not choice). It was dream-crushing to watch your parents send you off to a school you didn't want to even attend, especially when they've known your true career choice since age eight.

But, you've grown to like flight school somewhat. Despite aspiring to be an author your whole childhood, space- (as you'd come to learn)- isn't half bad.

So you decided to stay and graduate. An academy made to train cadets like yourself to be the next generation of space explorers can be rewarding, and plus, now you're one of the best pilots of your generation.

To add to your non-consented education choices, despite not even applying in the first place, you were accepted into the solo pilot's course as well for your second year, which just so happens to be your present one.

The solo course is an honor that not many kids are allowed to enroll in, due to grades, absences and such. But, with your history of not choosing your path of education, you didn't question it. Better classes make better resumes anyways.

Plus, the solo class is a good of fun when you're out on the runway. Out of the hundreds of trained cadets at the school, you were one of the only fifteen fighters to be chosen.

When you're older and the situation arises, you fifteen are the group who will fight in the name of the Earth. That is, if extraterrestrials or foreign countries come to be a problem. In space.