⚇ Into Her Mind; Chapter Twelve ⚇

"The Prince! Lotor met with you every day for a long time before you sent me back to Earth, you were with him all the time! You would come back crying, you said he abused you! You really don't remember any of that?" Shiro asked, loudly.
...

You didn't know how to respond.

How would anyone respond to such a claim?

Especially when you didn't recall even a syllable of what he was saying.

You stared at Shiro with a different emotion now, fear. Pure fear.

"I-I don't..." you stuttered, standing dead still in the middle of the room. The area was so quiet, you could have heard someone breathe if you tried hard enough. Your eyes were blown wide and your pupils were small, looking to the ground and not even baring to look at anyone else.

"I had a concussion, I lost a few months of memory but I-I'm sure I would remember...." You attempted a reply, but you couldn't even form proper sentences. Words lumped up and hung in your throat, causing you to tune out sooner than you would ever want to.

"...What happened?" Keith asked lowly. His voice contained no obvious emotion, it was the basic definition of a question. Allura glanced at you curiously with a small, microscopic trace of worry. It took some internal screaming and a few tries, but you finally cleared your throat and looked up at your peers. All words had ghosted from your dry throat, leaving you an utter disaster in terms of English.

"I know you might not remember, Y/n, but tell us what you can. First off, explain how you got your concussion." Shiro cut in, simultaneously cutting the thickening tension in the air as well. You exhaled shakily, your entire being shuddering at his previous words. They played over and over again in your pounding mind.

'..you said he hurt you!'

"I can't tell you any longer how long ago it happened, but it was a few days, more or less. I suffered a severe concussion in the arena. A week or two ago at the very most. I was in the arena and the opponent threw me into the wall so hard that I had permanent memory loss. I can't remember a good portion of my time on that ship, and all will most likely remain that way until I have access to the right technology." You explained, and the Paladins glanced at you with an unrecognizable emotion. Whatever is was, it wasn't going to put you at ease anytime soon.

Allura hesitated, her hands folded nearly as her face leaned into them. The two men you knew best, unlike her, were staring at you without a returned gaze, silence still hanging in the questioning room like it was dangling from strings on the ceiling. The Princess continued looking into the wall before her, until she turned to you and spoke up.

"That leaves a very open and questionable period of the unknown, I must say. However, we may have a pod that we can modify to work with your current predicament. Pidge, is there anyway you can find a way to access someone's memories?" Allura asked, turning to the Green Paladin. She hesitated, thinking on it for a silent moment.

"I might have to implement some of the codes your Dad used, y'know, when he stored his memories within the ship. That's only if I can find any traces of the software used before you.. deleted him.. but it'll be up and running really quick if it's there. Like, I'm talking twenty minutes or less of work time."

"Any chance we have is worth taking. Let's get Y/n into a pod as soon as possible." Coran chirped. He turned, however, and noticed you shaking a bit more than you were before. Hunk helped you sit back down in the questioning chair, and you couldn't see his warm smile, for you were too busy staring in fear and worry at the ground below you.