❦How Far I've Come; Chapter Thirty-Three ❦

'My Dear Journal,

I would normally log a date to accompany my writings, (as I've learned from flipping through this story of my semi-present life), but I have no idea what day it is in terms of where I'm from. My friends from Earth, that I can only remember partially, have no clue either. My trust in numbers, (for they never lie), cannot save me now. I don't care much at this point, because I'm on stable ground. The odds have been stacked against me too many times for me to continue ignoring luck; I'm quite a lucky person, as I've come to realize.

It has almost been a week or so since the battle between Lotor and Keith, and the only contact between the Prince and I had been for an apology on his end. He cut all mental ties with me, and though he did admit to planting an explosive device on me before the fight, Pidge has successfully removed it under his instruction.

Lotor does admit that after reflecting on his actions, his mind was not in the same place as his heart. We both know I do not fully trust him, but after this, how could anyone? The good thing to note here is that he claims he's letting go, which occurred at the only time I wasn't begging or praying for him to do so.

Though, my week hasn't been with Lotor, it has been spent with Voltron, onboard the Castle of Lions. Getting to know the people I once considered friends all over again has been rather interesting. All of these people want to be my friend, no matter my past or how I may act- and I want to be theirs in return. I sit down with them a lot over conversations, meals and bonding times that have brought us closer together as not only friends, but as a functioning team.

Hunk is very kind. He's especially smart not only as an expert engineer but as a kitchen-based chemist. He holds skill in so many different areas of intelligence, it's quite amazing to know how many things he could teach me (and has so generously offered to).

Pidge's smarts are off the charts. (She taught me that phrase, just by the chance that I ever wrote about her specifically). In all seriousness, however, there is nothing that beeps or sparks that she couldn't work wonders on in minutes. Watching her work is miraculous, and being able to understand when she talks about it is almost as satisfying. I hope we grow closer in the near future, she's great company and a clever girl.

I don't know Allura very well. I know that she's the Princess of a fallen kingdom and that she despises Lotor with a flaming passion. Allura does carry a trait with her that I wish I had: moral intelligence. If I could solve problems quickly and cleverly like Princess Allura, maybe I could at last be perfect. She is beautiful as well, so I wouldn't mind possessing her physical traits either. I hope to keep her near as a friend, even as we shall eventually go down very different paths.

Lance is what I can only describe as "goofy". I find myself looking back and forth between the words cool and chaotic when describing him, depending on what he's doing. Lance, a few days ago, rode a skateboard that he purchased from the "Space Mall" in the past, for example. For a while he did look impressive doing so, right up until he nicked a small debris and dislocated his shoulder. Lance is probably one of my favorites to relax around, for his natural humor and humane friendship are refreshing once you slip out of the flirting stage. (I didn't last long there anyway; according to Shiro, who has always been brutally honest with me, I took everything he said much too literally).

Shiro, speak of the devil, is doing just as good as ever. He's considerate and humble, and I can vaguely remember him being just like this when we were cellmates not so long ago. Pidge and I work as a team when his arm needs fixation, and he is extremely kind in showing his gratitude for all things.
When I get lost in the trap of only having specific memories to hold on to, he sits down and tells me things he remembers from our days in the cell. Hearing things about myself that I don't even know is confusing to say the least, but he helps me through it emotionally on top of explaining it all to me. We will always be close, like brother and sister. Universe, end me instantly if I break the bond between myself and Takashi Shirogane.