﷼ The Champion; Chapter Six ﷼

Every part of you is in pain.

Your body, especially your arms, are sore and begin to ache as soon as you begin to regain mental consciousness.

"It was the only life force to be captured out of four during our attack. The rest escaped and are headed towards the safety of their home planet." A voice speaks lowly from in front of you. It's voice is deep and sickly, and you would bet money that it belongs to someone with ill intent towards your fate.

"I am not here to hear it's life story, Nexis. What are the testing results for prisoner placement?" Another spat, a tone so cold it sent shivers down your spine.

"It is too physically weak to fight in the arena, no sane Galran would be entertained by a ten-tick match."

"And the Neuro-physiological testing?"

"Significantly above average in most areas, sir. It seems to specialize in piloting, literature, mathematics and technology." The first voice replies, finishing just as your eyes open with great difficulty. They beg to close again, but you are too desperate to stay awake at a time like this.

"P-please, I come in peace. I do not hold any valuables, I-" you fall silent after grunting. A heavy metal weapon of some sort had struck you roughly in the back of the head, sending your neck bending forward, as well as adding another aching body part to the list of injury.

"It is disgustingly desperate to live, yet too intelligent to dispose of. Send it to an empty cell, Zarkon will deal with the matter in person. I do not know when."

"Cells have reached maximum occupancy, sir. We invaded a planet full of many gladiator fighters last cycle."

"Then throw it in with the Champion for all I care, you insignificant underling. It won't last long anyway if it keeps up that mouth, and Zarkon be damned if he ever punishes that thing."

And off you went. By your hands that were bonded at the wrist, you are being dragged to your new home, grunting the whole way from the pain. Your shoulder has definitely been dislocated. If the situation couldn't get worse, you were going to live in a cell with a creature entitled "Champion". Best case scenario, you befriend it instead of getting eaten.

When you reach the designated cell, you are physically thrown in by the arm (and funked up shoulder), then slammed against the back wall in a fashion that sent pain shooting through your entire body. The 'Sentries' that did it throw you as if it were routine, and you slid to the ground with stress shaking your whole body.

And so you broke down, tears falling from your dead-tired eyes, red from stress and puffy from sadness. There was only one single, purple light in the window-less cell for them to reflect, making you begin to fear for your sight as well as all aspects of your health.

"Hey, it's okay-" A voice speaks softly from the other side of the cell, trying to calm you, but failing as you immediately send a hand flying in the direction it came from. Your hand stings and it lets out a hiss from pain, which means you hit it at least. Success!

"Stay back!" You warn, backing up against the opposing wall, knees folding up against your chest. The figure sits up, scoots over to you and sits down on its pockets.

"There's no need for violence, I won't hurt you." It speaks, putting its hands defensively in front of you. It's face is vaguely familiar to you, the sculpture of it seems like one you've seen before in this terrible lighting. You couldn't put your finger on it.

"Who are you? Where am I?" You ask, your voice strained and gravely. Your arms wrapp around your own figure, showing insecurity to the person in front of you.

"You... speak english? Are you human?" It asks in reply, putting out its hand for you to shake. An awkward gesture for greeting a fellow prisoner, for sure, but whatever it took to make peace you would do. You reach your arm out hesitantly, taking the other's carefully and shaking it, only to realize it was freezing. You looked down at it instantly upon contact, to find it is made of metal.

"I speak english, and I am human. Do I know you? You seem familiar in the vaguest ways." You say, looking back up. The light above is dim, but just bright enough that you could make out just a few details in his face, including a scar across the bridge of his nose and a white tuft of hair over his forehead.

"I... wouldn't know for sure. What's your name?"

"Y/n L/n."

"...Did you attend the Galaxy Garrison?" He asks curiously, and you nod, remembering you were still shaking his hand. After you quickly let it go, he comes to a quick realization.

"L/n, L/n..... L/n! I substituted for your fighter class once, I used my full name then!"

"Really?-"

"Do you still have the top score on the simulator? I seem to recall you nearly doubling mine and setting a Garrison record that day." He rambles, asking the most unimportant question he could actually ask at the time.

"...Lieutenant Shirogane?!" You shriek, the visuals becoming more clear all of the sudden, like puzzle pieces coming together. He nods eagerly, relief overcoming him that you recognized him. Otherwise, it would have been really awkward.

"You haven't been to Earth in half a year and you're asking me if I still have the highest record on an educational video game?..." You question and he chuckles awkwardly. To ask such a question after being in space for six months is odd, but you can't judge. After being alone in a cell for as long as he has been, he may have screws loose.

"...I still do hold that record. But you have to hear about everything else! You have no idea how much Keith misses you. He and I always knew that you aren't dead!" You say, pointing a gentle finger at him, yet making him lean back a tiny bit.

"...You know Keith?"

"Of course I know Keith, he's my best friend!... But you didn't know that, Lieutenant. Nice move Y/N.." You muttered.

"Please, call me Shiro."

"Sorry.."

"It's okay." He says, sitting up and taking a breath. "Y/n, I want you to tell me how you ended up here and in, in detail, what you saw on your way to this cell."

"Sure thing." You say, nodding. "Why the latter?"

Shiro looks around the room, as if anyone could possibly be listening in on his next words. He leans in and whispers to me, gently and boldly: "Because we need to know as much about the ship as we can if we want to get out of here."

.-+*+-.
Short chapter, I'm sorry!
got the introduction out of the way :)

{1166 Words}