⚲ Kidnapped; Chapter Twenty-Four ⚲

a black hole, a dark void that rips into open air, warps in front of his face, but he doesn't jump or quiver. he's been waiting for it.

'it is ready, your highness.'

'that was brisk.'

'are you displeased?'

'not at all. i will be in your company very soon.'

.+🔮+.

"How was the trip?" Hunk asks, deciding to take a break across from the two of you. "Did you have a good fly around?"

"We ended up going to a planet and watching the sun rise. Keith was pretty romantic about it." You nudge in mid-tone, elbowing him gently since you were already leaned against him anyway. He grunts, a public response to flattery.

"Keith, romantic?" Lance smirks, wandering into the room, Pidge at his side with her nose in a screen. "He learned from the best." He whispers dramatically, wiping a fake tear of pride.

"Ha. I can't believe I liked you back then. It was a phase I irk at more than not." You say casually, snorting to yourself as you nestle back farther into Keith's chest. Everyone freezes, including Keith, who was only half-listening in a half-asleep mode until your last words. Everyone stares, especially Lance. "What?"

"You liked Lance?" Keith asks, sitting up a little bit. "It wasn't obvious? I mean, it was only for about an hour. You had just lost my journal and punched someone the last time I saw you, and he saluted me. Not to mention I was very tired."

Keith looks at Lance. If looks could kill, Keith would serve time for war crimes. "You saluted her?"

"This is great." Pidge cackles.

"Only because she deserved it!" Lance excuses, waving his hands frantically. "She told me not to afterward!"

"That I did." You point out. Lotor enters the room, Allura talking non-stop and following him without noticing his distasteful look. "..And that's how it all happened." She finishes, clapping her hands together joyfully. "Unless you want to include the the safety interrogation I did?"

"What?" You ask.

"Allura was just filling me in on how you managed to end up on the Castle of Lions." Lotor explains, pinching the bridge of his nose. He was probably very over-informed, displayed crystal-clearly from his grim reactions. "Taken right off of a galran ship after you had won an arena match, correct?"

"You fought in the arena?" Shiro asked, entering as well, adding himself and Coran to the group. "And you won?"

"You act surprised." You say suspiciously. He shrugs, turning his hands around as if it could help him draw in words. "I'm just saying that I really wouldn't expect you to be the... killing type, that's all. It's hard to see you doing that."

You realize. "Ah. I never really killed anyone, I hope. I sort of just hit them in the head with weapons until they were unconscious. It's harder than it looks." You explain, reaching over and pretending to clobber Keith's head. He still send displeased with pieces of new information he's uncovered recently. "But it got the job done, I guess. Shiro got rid of the-"

He signals you a big fat 'No!'. You hesitate, feeling Keith's close eyes gazing into the back of your head.

"-...the urge within me to harm. Amazing man, really." You show them all a faux smile, but everyone buys in, agreeing full-heartedly. He blushes, flattered despite the thick layer of last-minute-thinking, scratching the nape of his neck awkwardly. 'thank you.' He mouths.