Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Team #Merome

“How you doing there Mitch?” Jerome asked poking his head into the small opening inside the tree. Mitch was sitting there attempting to wrap his side. They had taken down CaptainSparklez during the night but he had landed a nasty blow on Mitch. Getting the stone sword he had halfway through the Canadian’s right side.

“Fine and Dandy. Any sign of Ant yet?” He hollered back as Jerome disappeared out the door. “Where are you going?”

“I see someone. I'm gonna go check it out. Will you be okay?” He scoffed. Mitch would be fine for a few minutes without Jerome.

“Yeah, just don't get to far away biggums!” Mitch pressed the cotton ball covered in antiseptic against the wound again and bit down on his lip to smother a whimper. He then grabbed a roll of bandages and wrapped it around his entire stomach area making it tight over the wound.

Jerome on the other hand, had made his way to the thing he had seen only to find an empty medical box lying on the ground. He looked upwards to see a single bottle of pain killers hanging by a string. An obvious trap.

The bottle was just out of his reach and it was obvious meant to set off something. He didn't know what and he wasn't going to risk it.

“But Mitch is hurt.” He mumbled to himself and began to scale a tree trying to see if he could cut the string.

Mitch at the house hoisted himself to his feet and shuffled over to Jerome's backpack looking for some food when he heard the door open and shut.

“Hey Jerome did they run off or something?” Mitch asked without even looking up.

“Jerome did run off.” He jerked around quickly and widened eyes reaching for his sword only to realize it was across the room. “And your all alone with no weapon.” There standing between Mitch and his weapon was one the people he feared.

Antvenom.

“What's the matter Mitch? Not so big and bad now are you?” Ant laughed pushing the boy to the ground kneeling in front of him. Taking his sword he slowly uncut the bandages from Mitch's hips. The Canadian sat there paralyzed with fear.

“J-Jerome!” Mitch screamed as loud as he could before Ant's hand clamped down over his mouth.

“God your a hand full” Using his other hand he reached over and grabbed Mitch's shirt that the boy had removed to bandage himself up. “Maybe you should be tied up.” Then took the shirt and tied Mitch's wrist together. But Mitch had a degree of defense, it wasn't very good but it worked.

With all his strength he bit down hard on Ant's hand feeling the coppery taste of blood fill his mouth. Ant jerked his hand back and launched his other hand over slamming his coiled fist into the side of Mitch's head.

“Jerome! Jerome!” Mitch shouted, “Jerome Help!” Ant grabbed Mitch by the jaw.