hold my heart || kjm

member : suho

type : slight angst | soft fluff

traits / qualities : prince junmyeon x independent reader

»I just want one to hold my heart«

ëxø

Junmyeon's POV

The tie at my collar seemed to choke me in the moment. I tried to loosen the collar in hopes of receiving air easier to my lungs. Yet with no success, I sighed, sitting back in my seat. The desk in front of me showed all of the profiles for my wedding arrangement I needed to have done. None of them precisely fit for me, but of course, I could never say that. Instead, I'd put the task off, time and time again.

Even this time, I felt like all the pictures and facts and hobbies scrawled all over the papers was suffocating me. Needing some time to myself, I pushed my seat back. Debating on jumping out of the window for the safest bet to not be caught, I also thought of going through the door. I could always use my authority if someone dared to think I was going to do something wrong. Just a walk outside is what I wanted. With a frown, I went to the window instead.

"Ow," I frowned further when my finger hit the side of the window.

Successfully opening the window entirely, I took the chance to step out, ready to hop off of the windowsill.

"YeE!" I cheered as I landed onto the ground.

Dusting off my suit, I walked through the grass, keeping to the trees to not be seen until I was further away. Finally coming to the bench I usually rested at, I happily sat down. I pulled out the small pack of cookies I had snuck into my pocket, grinning as I didn't have to eat the usual celery or orange today. I knew breaking royal customs wasn't a good thing, but the rules were so tight at times.

Letting out a deflated breath, I chewed away at the cookies, my legs happily swinging to and fro from the bench. The sun shined over me, keeping the land under its bright light warm. Fine white clouds were freckled against the light blue sky.

"Hmm?" I blinked, thinking I saw someone standing by the forest near the bench.

I never had wandered off there, not having the time, or really being bothered to do so.

"Hello?" I called out, feeling stupid after.

Yeah, that's what you should do as a royal prince who stands to take the throne. Call hello, as though who's trying to kill you will come out like, yeah, want a sandwich?

I sighed, getting no response. I brushed the subject off for the most matter as not many people were around this area. The small field of grass swayed with the wind. Frowning, my hand hit the bottom of the cookie pouch and I pouted. I should have taken more than one bag. But then it would have been suspicious about the strange lump in my suit.

Figuring it didn't matter now, I leaned back into the bench. My eyes starting to shut slowly, they snapped wide open as I stared at the forest ahead. I couldn't be seeing things now. And I was sure of it. But this time, instead of talking like an idiot, knowing I wouldn't get an answer, I stood up. Taking small steps towards the trees, I nearly fell back as my eyes went wide.

Choose whatever you like!