i'm a mess || bbh

member : baekhyun

type : slight angst | light fluff

traits / qualities : lost baekhyun x low self esteem reader

»I'm a mess for your love«

ëxø

Y/N's POV

Everything's been so messed up here lately.

"You saw what you saw, why can't you still get that through your head?" My friend shouted at me, shaking my shoulders while I sobbed.

He don't love me, he don't love me.

"Maybe it was my fault?"

"How was it your fault when he cheated on you? You're sounding more dumb than you usually do and I want to backhand you at the moment."

"Maybe I wasn't pretty enough?"

"Y/N, that's not it," she hugged me, pulling me to her chest while I continued to cry. "It's his loss, don't let that make you doubt yourself."

"Just when I began to think I was pretty enough."

"You are pretty enough, a guy doesn't determine that for you."

Pretty sure he don't wanna be my baby.

"Did you see the girl he was with? She was so pretty, maybe if I was like her then he wouldn't have left me."

"Don't ever say anything like that again, just forget about him."

"You're right, I should still be happy with who I am, even if I'm not as pretty as the others, at least I have a good heart, right?"

But that's okay.

"Sure, that's the spirit."

'Cause I love me, yeah, I love me.

"Even if no one else can love me, at least I'll have myself, right?"

"Someone else will love you, and they'll make you feel pretty and like you're the best in the world."

But I'm not the best.

I'm a mess.

•••

Baekhyun's POV

"I don't think I should go," I sighed, not knowing if I wanted to be a part of the crowd.

"It'd be a great way for you to get your voice recognized," she urged and I sighed again.

"I-I don't know, I'm not like you who can just get on stage and dance like you own the place," I sat down, my shoulders slumping while she popped her gum.

"Fake it til you make it, baby," she shrugged.

"Is that why you wear heels? To fake being taller until you grow?" I teased and she narrowed her eyes.

"Why are we roommates?" She groaned.

"Hey! I'm like your sibling," I declared and she raised a brow.