2 ➵ restarting

"You're not going." My mom says while pacing around the room.

"And you're telling me now?! I'm literally leaving in 10 minutes." I roll my eyes as I continue packing.

"I don't want you to be surrounded with only boys. I told you, you can only date at age eighteen!"

"Yes mum I know that. But trust me I'm only going for my education. And you know that." I continue to pack my suitcase.

"How will you be sleeping? Since it's a boarding school. Better not with any boys." She crosses her arms and I sigh.

"Alone. They won't put me with boys anyway." I laugh as I zip up my suitcase. I look to my right taking my glasses.

I put them on and I undo my hair.

"Whoa why are you putting your hair down? See you're already changing! Stop trying to look sexy! Don't you dare be a sinner like your brother." I laugh and she stomps her feet on the ground snatching my hairtie away from me.

She comes up to me and starts to tie my hair together. I groan.

I'll just undo it later.

I take my suitcase and give my mom a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye Mom." I smile and she gives me a hug.

"Be safe okay?" I nod as I see tears in her eyes.

"Mom don't cry! I'll call you as much as I can plus I'll try to visit on the weekends." I smile as my mom wipes her tears away and sniffs.

"I love you."

"Love you too."

She gives me one last hug as I step out the doorway. A taxi was already waiting for me.

I wave my mom goodbye as I step into the Taxi and drive off.

"So how long will the drive be?" I ask the Taxi driver.

"About 4 hours."

"Okay thanks.." I take out a piece of paper out of my pocket.

It was a summarization of all the things they learned while I was in the other school.

History: French Revolution.

Hah isn't that great. I carry on reading to see that most of the things they did we've also done.

However it took me a few seconds to realise that they were doing revision from last year.

Oops.

At least I didn't miss out on anything.

Not to mention now Jake will be in the same school as me.

How did he manage to get the scholarship anyway?

As I'm deep into my thoughts I can slowly feel myself dozing off. I didn't mind. I had 4 hours ahead of me, a little bit of sleep wouldn't hurt.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

"Miss we've arrived." I jump up banging my head on the window.

"I'm awake! Oh yeah thanks." I laugh awkwardly as the driver stares at me weirdly.

I step out the car and take out my suitcase. I look up to see a giant building which seems to be the school.

School starts at 8:30 am and it's 8:20 so I still have about ten minutes.

I could hear people (boys) chattering as there were boys everywhere. Inside and outside the school.

I try to seem unnoticed but it's hard not to stand out. Maybe they think I'm some sort of teacher?