7 ➵ lights

I'm so bored.

I let myself fall on the uncomfortable and small bed. I take out my phone and press on the home button firmly.

7:43 pm

Great. I thought. It's been only 13 minutes since school ended.

My eyes drift to the other side of the room, expecting Connor to be there but he was already out with friends.

Should I study? But study for what? I groan and check my phone to see the time.

7:44 pm

1 minute. 1. Minute. It's been one fucking minute. How do you expect me to survive at this rate?!

I'm only this bored because I know that I could be having fun.

What are you saying! Remember, don't get distracted.

I groan when suddenly there was a knock on my door. I jump up and run towards the door. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realise I was only wearing booty shorts and a crop top.

I curse silently under my breath as I get my coat and put it around me.

I take a deep breath and open the door.

Nate.

"Long time no see babe"

Sounded better when Ethan said it.

"What do you want?" I don't open the door fully, just enough for me to see half of his face.

He places his foot in my room, stopping me from closing the door any further.

"Listen Scarlett. I'm gonna be straight up here. None of these boys hang out with you because your personality. To be quite honest it's pretty shit."

Ouch.

"But you're hot and you have a nice ass and body and that's the only thing that matters." He pushes himself into my room as I was unable to do stop him.

"Leave Nate. I don't like you like that."

"Let me make you feel good." I push him away and take the scissors from my desk.

"I said leave." He scoffs and holds his hands up in surrender.

"Fucking slut." He slams the door shut, as I could feel the vibration fill my body.

If this were a movie I'd be the first to die.

Fuck it.

I'm done being scared of everyone.

I'm going to be selfish.

I run towards my cupboard and take out a red bra-lette. I put on some high waisted black trousers and put on my Balenciaga heels. (which were fake but I still wanted to look cool).

I undo my hair and mess it up a little. I put on lipstick that matched my bralette, and topped it off with black mascara.

The look was minimal, yet so extra at the same time.

I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror.

Don't go Dawn. Stay the night and Study!

I shut out all those thoughts. I took my keys and placed them in my back pocket. I practiced walking with heels and realised that I wasn't particularly good at it.

"Hey boys" I licked my lips and winked.

Gross! I say to my mirror.

I take out my phone to check the time.