4 ➵ innocence

(SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SORRY SORRY SORRY ILL UPDATE MORE FREQUENTLY SORRY. Ik it's been over 2 months and I fear that people will stop reading this book now. But thank you for 500 views on this book. I love you ❤ and enjoy...)

"I have to go."

What was I doing?

Acting like any other girl.

I have to stay away from them.

It's 11 PM and I have school tomorrow. I shouldn't have come it was all a mistake.

I feel a big hand grasp my shoulder; dropping my bag.

"What's wrong?" Logan says with a worried look.

Everything.

"I shouldn't have come. I promised myself I wouldn't get distracted by any boys and look at me now. God I'm such a slu- " I release myself from his grip and run out the room.

I hear them shouting my name, telling me to stop.

Urging myself not to look back; I run out into the wilderness.

The cold air hits me as I let myself fall onto the floor. It was cold to my touch, sending shivers through my whole body.

Dawn.

The recurring memory of his voice haunted me.

I head back to the school. It was dark out, but this day couldn't get any worse.

Ethans POV

"We should follow her." Cameron suggests. Personally I wasn't in the mood for some spy shit but whatever.

"Dude it's probably nothing." Jake says back to Cameron.

I look down, to find that she's left her bag. I go to pick it up from the wet floor.

The bag was dripping wet and smelled like chlorine.

"Should we open it?" Grayson asks. I look at him with suspicious eyes

"No! Haven't you heard that you shouldn't open women's bags?" Logan says shaking his head.

Suddenly we hear a loud ringing noise coming from the inside.

I throw the bag to Grayson, as if it was a ticking time bomb. He seemed just as clueless as me.

"Fucking answer it!" Grayson opens the bag taking out a ringing smartphone.

Unknown Number.

"Maybe it's the person she was talking to before?" Logan suggests. I again urge Grayson to answer the phone. He takes a deep breath, hesitantly answering the phone.

Grayson places his finger on his mouth, telling us to not speak. We nod in agreement.

"So you've finally decided to answer." A deep male voice says.

We don't say anything.

"Not going to talk? Fine by me." He chuckles as suddenly we hear faint cries echoing through the phone.

"You shouldn't have hid from me in the first place. Come home Dawn. Let's be a family again." He ends the call.

We stand in silence for a while unable to really do anything.

"So to clear this up who the fuck is he." Cameron says while scratching his head.

"Clingy ex boyfriend?" Grayson says. I roll my eyes.

"He sounded old as fuck. Could be her dad or some shit." I run my fingers through my cold wet hair, breathing in deeply.

"Bruh why are you making this into a big deal? You just met the bitch." Jake scoffs as he snatches the bag out of Grayson's hand.