Gift Again

Sira Pov-

"Since when you watch football?" I heard a voice coming from behind me.

I already knew who it was and I ignored it and just kept cleaning off the table looking at Diggy on the screen.

The Titans were in the lead and it was in a large part to his two touchdowns.

"I'm talking to you Sira." I heard the voice say louder.

I just took the tray of collected plates, cups and silverware, along with the rag I used to wash the table down to the back of the restaurant.

I pushed through the doors that read Employees Only, only to be followed by this fool.

"Oh so it's like that?" He leaned against a counter and watched as I placed the dirty dishes in the sink.

"I get you this job and that's my gratitude. Silence." He smirked. "Aight."

JL, was a big time senior on the Fisk campus

JL, was a big time senior on the Fisk campus. His mother was a business owner, who owned several restaurants in Nashville. BB Kings where I worked, being one of them.

It was just him and his mom, but because of her businesses they were pretty well off.

He'd majored in music. And I must admit, it was his voice that made me fall in love. My freshman year they had this talent showcase and he sang this song he wrote call Advertise It. And I was in the front row, and the entire time we just kept locking eyes.

I remember at one point he grabbed my hand and kissed it. I was done y'all.
After the show, he was outside the auditorium talking to a group of girls. That should've been a sign but I ignored it.

Anyway, he came up to me and my friends. He asked us if we wanted to go to this party his frat the Alphas were throwing. We did. And him and I just danced and talked all night.

Besides high-school, he was my first real boyfriend. I even gave him my v-card. Only to find out, he was doing me and half the chicks at Fisk.

It was then I realized I wasn't his girl as I had thought. I was just one of his flavors of the week in rotation. But I eventually, after a lot of tears gave his dusty ass the boot.

Most of my friends thought I was crazy. "Girl its JL. Don't let this other hoes get to you and make you lose sight of the fact, he wants you. All mean cheat. But as long as he wants you." Blah, blah and other dumbshit. But I knew my worth.

I've refused to have a convo with him all sophomore year, yet every chance he gets to harass me he does. He would've got me fired, but his mother loves too much because of my hard-work. So she doesn't.

I walked out and went back to work.

"One of these days you gon talk to me again Ra." He smirked, did a salute to me and walked out.