Chapter 2: Paint

Levi's P.O.V.
    A few weeks had past since we had our little fun. Unfortunately, I had been working on a murder case. I was a defense attorney for a woman killing a man. It was her husband. Her name was Annie Leonhardt. Her husband was Marco. She was too young to be put on death row for her crimes. She did it because she had an affair with a man named Armin. It was unfortunate that I to work late.
    The night was cool as I walked to my car.
    "Hey Ackerman," that was the voice of Erwin, my boss. I turned around looking at him with a dead expression. I was exhausted after today's work.
     "Wanna go out and get a drink?" He asked. I shook my head 'no'. I really had to be go home to work on the case. I had to set up all my witnesses I want to testify yet.
      "Come on, one drink isn't going to kill you," he placed his hand on my shoulder. I sighed.
     "Only if you pay for it, I don't have money on me," I looked at him with a smirk.
    "Sure thing, my treat," Erwin was glad I was going to go with him.

Eren's P.O.V.
     It was 5:30 when I got to the doctors office waiting room. I really hated the doctors office. Recently my symptoms gotten worse. Sometimes I forgotten the simple things, like where my pants were. Hah, that was funny. Then sometimes my vision would go blurry but shortly after, it would fix itself.
    "Mr. Ackerman," a nurse came out and called my name. With a sigh I got up, picking up my coat. I could tell this was going to be a long day.
    The nurse came in and asked me the mundane questions. Are you taking medications? If so, what are they? Allergic to any medications? I answered the same as last time. Soon after, she was out. I noticed the room was a light blue color. It reminded me of a time with Levi.

   It was two years into our marriage. We had just bought our first house. Looking around, I was astonished we could afford something like this. The house was like a mansion! We both carried multiple cans of paint. Levi and I couldn't decide which one to use. The colors were light blue, green, black, and white.
    "Hey, maybe we should put the newspaper down first and cover stuff up first," I looked at him, placing down my paint. I smirked.
    "What are you thi...." Levi had now a full face of light blue paint. "Oh...I see how it is!" He opened his can of green paint and threw it at me. In that moment, we didn't care if it got on the furniture. We kept chasing each other throwing paint.

   I was brought out of my thoughts.      "Hello!" It was Dr. Hanji. I liked her. She was always in a pleasant mood. It was like she had a shield that prevented her from ever being upset or distressed. In this town we all knew each other.
    "So, what brings you here today?" Hanji sat in a small, wheeled chair across from me. Hanji did her normal thing, check my heart, lungs, etc.
    "It all started with headaches. Then it went to headaches with memory loss, like the small things. The biggest was where I parked the car. Then my vision. Levi wanted me to get it checked because he felt worried for me," Hanji knew how much I HATED the doctors.
    "Well, let me check your eyes again," she shined a small light from the bottom of when you get your ears checked. She frowned a bit.
     "E-everything alright?" I asked a little worried by her reaction. I never seen her serious.
    "I'm gonna set you up with a MRI scan. What I'm about to warn you is important," she pushed up her glasses and looked straight into my eyes. All happiness gone from them.

Levi's P.O.V.
    It was around 11:30. I was drinking water while Erwin was drunk out of his mind. "Well, this is fun, hah! Let lose a little Ackerman," Erwin patted my shoulder. Alcohol was all I could smell. I had one drink. I knew I needed to go home.
   I checked my phone and saw five missed calls from Eren. I became worried. "Hey, sorry I have to go home," I stood up pushing out my seat to leave.
  "B-bye Ackerman," Erwin slurred out and giggled.
    I tried calling home, no answer. "Fuck, he's probably pissed at me," I reasoned with myself walking up to my car.
  I pulled up to the house. The lights we on thank God. Getting out of the car, I could feel a heaviness surrounding me.
   Walking up to the door, I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door. "Eren, I'm home," I yelled out hoping for an answer. There wasn't any. I came to the conclusion he was most likely asleep.
    I put my jacket on the coat rack as I decided to go to our bedroom. Upon opening the door, I noticed his shoes by the door. He must've been tired. I softly smiled and opened the door.
    Eren was asleep just like I thought. The calls must've been just check-up's on me. He always got worried when I went out to drink or was late coming home.

Eren's P.O.V.
   I got out of the doctors office. I could feel tears and my worries increased. What if she's right? Only this test can tell, I went to my car and placed my head against the cool steering wheel. Usually Hanji was right. That made this situation a lot more scary.

"Eren, what I'm about to warn you is important," she placed her hands on my hand, as a sign of comfort.

"Come on Hanji, you can't scare me like this," my heart was beating a mile a minute, palms becoming sweaty.

"Eren... from the symptoms you're telling me that you're experiencing...you might have a brain tumor,"

    The last part rang threw my head. I picked up my cell to dial Levi. I wanted to tell him the news, and that I was going to get the MRI scan right now. There was no answer. I started to cry out in frustration.
   "HE'S ALWAYS TOO BUSY! NEVER THERE WHEN I NEED HIM THE MOST!" I gripped the sides of the steering wheel. I took in deep breathes to calm me down before I headed of to the MRI center.
   It was around 11:00 when I checked the time at home. Levi wasn't home, and I was becoming tired. With a sigh, I got up and decided to go to bed. I won't know the answers until about three days. I had to wait until then.
   Levi was right to worry about me though. I had a bad feeling as well about this. I decided to look up some stuff about brain tumors in the meantime online. On my cellphone of course. Today went from a simple check-up, to a life changing event.