He Forgot My Name

Levi's P.O.V.
   "Fuck! Why wasn't I there?" I rested my head against my steering wheel. "I wish I wasn't put onto this case," I was crying. It took a lot for me to cry but losing Eren. That broke my heart. Just the thought of it. He had a death sentence, and I didn't see it coming. I should have known.
   I lifted my head off the steering wheel, wiping the tears from my eyes. "You need to focus Levi," I self talked to myself, more like a lie really. I couldn't believe he forgot my name.

~Eight Years Ago~
   "Hey brat, what's your name?" I asked the taller boy walking next to me. He was annoying in my eyes, yet also intriguing. I had woken him up by kicking him off the bed. We were going to be late for training, and I couldn't let this asshole make us late. I have NEVER been late.
   "Eren, your's?" he looked down at me.
   With a cold stare, I responded, "Levi,"
   "Wait, what was it again?" he chuckled. I punched him in the gut.
    "Levi, you shit," I looked down at the doubled over boy. I smirked at his suffering. I ended up helping him up. "Don't you ever forget my name," I threatened.
     "Will do," Eren still held his stomach from the pain.

   Coming out of my thoughts, a small smile appeared on my face. I needed to remember the happy times right now. Starting up the car, I pulled out of the hospital parking lot.

Eren's P.O.V.
   I felt so weak. I haven't been eating and my vision was terrible. Most of the day I was sleeping and writing. Today was my third and final letter, I decided. I wrote out the last sentence. To the best of my ability. It probably wasn't good because of my vision but I needed to.
   It was around dinner time when Levi came in.
   "Knock, knock," he said with a smile.   "How's my handsome man feeling?" He held my hand. Luckily, this time I kinda remembered him. His hands were soft yet cold.
  Levi sat down beside my bed. My eyes lazily looked at him. "Hey," I smiled. He stayed there all night with me. It made me feel good he did that.