Mr. Blue Sky

It was three months since Eren had been in the hospital. Eren's body wasn't as tan due to the florescent lights and lack of natural sunlight. Levi noticed Eren was thinner, not only in face but just about everything.

Levi's P.O.V.
   I looked at Eren's sleeping body. My eyes gazed upon his body. Eren's green eyes slowly opened, bags underneath them, contrasting to his pale skin.
  "Sun is shinin' in the sky. There ain't no cloud in sight," I heard his weak voice sing. His throat seemed dry and his mouth probably felt like cotton balls due to the medications they were giving him. The song was our song we both loved by ELO (Electric Light Orchestra). It was called, "Mr. Blue Sky".

~A Year Ago~
Eren held Levi's hand. They we're at a carnival. This carnival came every year. Usually they were busy with their occupations to go. This year they weren't.
   "Hey, thanks for winning this for me," Eren smiled holding a teddy bear. Levi leaned his head against Eren's arm.
   "Do you know the song Mr. Blue Sky?"
  "What's that?" he chuckled.
   Levi pulled out his phone from his pant pocket. They had headphones with them. Eren looked at him confused as to why such the urgency. "It's a happy song," Levi smiled giving him one earbud, himself taking the other.

Sun is shinin' in the sky
There ain't a cloud in sight
It's stopped rainin' everybody's in a play
And don't you know
It's a beautiful new day, hey hey
Runnin' down the avenue
See how the sun shines brightly in the city
On the streets where once was pity
Mister blue sky is living here today, hey hey
Mister blue sky please tell us why
You had to hide away for so long (so long)
Where did we go wrong?
Mister blue sky please tell us why
You had to hide away for so long (so long)
Where did we go wrong?
Hey you with the pretty face
Welcome to the human race
A celebration, mister blue sky's up there waitin'
And today is the day we've waited for
Oh mister blue sky please tell us why
You had to hide away for so long (so long)
Where did we go wrong?
Hey there mister blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do
Everybody smiles at you
Hey there mister blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do
Everybody smiles at you
Mister blue sky, mister blue sky
Mister blue sky
Mister blue, you did it right
But soon comes mister night creepin' over
Now his hand is on your shoulder
Never mind I'll remember you this
I'll remember you this way
Mister blue sky please tell us why
You had to hide away for so long (so long)
Where did we go wrong?
Hey there mister blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do
Everybody smiles at you
Mister blue sky

   Levi was humming all the while and started swinging their arms. In that moment, they were both truly happy. No worries, no cares for anything. Just them living in the moment with the radiance of carnival enjoyments surrounding them.

Eren's P.O.V.
  I smiled seeing Levi grabbing my hand tighter. The song was such a happy song, one that made me just wanna jump out of bed, cancer free and go on with my life with Levi. My cold gripped his. Levi's eyes not looking away from me once.
  "Hey, I'm not dead," I coughed with a slight chuckl. "You'll always be my Mr. Blue Sky,"
"Why's that?"
"Because you make me happy...we might have our arguments and doubts but you make me one hell of a gay guy,"
Levi laughed at my joke. Boy, his smile was like the sun shining through a cloudy day, my cloudy day.
  Levi looked at the clock. "Damn, it's 8pm, I'll see you tomorrow," he gave me a kiss. His warm lips touching mine. I wish I wasn't here...god...
  "Love you babe, I'll be here tomorrow morning like usual," he said gathering his things. I didn't want him to go. I sighed, "Love you short boots,"
"Love you brat," with that he smiled and left. I closed my eyes and went to bed.

Levi's P.O.V.
  RING! RING!
   I woke up in my bed hearing my cellphone go off. I picked it up groggily. "Hello?" I dropped my phone.