Chapter 2

1st of February

I was placing the last book from my box in my bookshelf when I heard a loud thump that startled me so bad I fell down on my ass. "Annie! Finally you're here. Oh my God! I can't believe that we are going to be living together n— Wait, what are you doing on the floor?" I looked up to see a very confused Lisa staring at me. I glared at her which left her even more confused. Taking her hand which she'd extended I stood up and said "You scared me. I thought you hadn't come home yet. What was that noise though?" "Oh nothing. I kinda must have hit my head when I came to you're room is all." Lisa replied going red with embarrassment. I laughed and hugged her. After making sure she was alright and there was no need to go to the hospital for a small bump on her head we decided to go out to celebrate me coming to New York.

It was 11:30 pm when we finally reached home after hours of drinking and dancing. We had gone to the club where Lisa worked at which made the night even more enjoyable with the free drinks. We spent the day catching up with each other's lives and gossiping about others. Neither of us had a car so we had to book a cab to reach home. Lisa in her drunken state was trying her best to open the door which was refusing to unlock. So, I took this opportunity to look around the hallway when I noticed another door which looked quite worn out and locked with a huge lock. Curious, I asked Lisa about the door. "Don't think much about it. Even I don't know the complete details but I've heard that the previous tenant had committed suicide and so that room is closed as no one wants to live in it. The landlord thought it is best that the room remain locked. But I think it's just a rumor." "Why do you think that?" "Cause I don't believe in ghosts, duh. Stop it Annie. Don't think much about it. Maaann, why won't this door unlock?" I sighed and looked at what she was doing. I snatched the keys from her hands and unlocked it myself. "See? You were using the wrong key to unlock it", I said dangling the keys at her face. She huffed and went inside. Right when I was about to enter, I heard what sounded like a giggle. Immediately looking around I saw no one. Thinking it was all in my head and adding the fact that I was a bit drunk I thought nothing of it and went inside our home. I went into my room, wore my pjs and fell on my bed to a deep sleep.