Chapter 4

3rd of February

I decided not to think about it anymore. Lisa was right. Maybe, my interest in all things paranormal was messing with my mind. Lisa used to stay here before I moved in and she had never experienced anything like this. It was definitely a figment of my imaginations. These were the thoughts running through my mind as I opened the door to leave for University, when I got the fright of my life. Standing there in front of the locked  and abandoned room was an old lady. Her cats kept purring and hissing at the door and the lady stood there completely frozen. I started walking away from them when a cat ran ahead of me blocking my way. Scared, I turned back to see the lady now staring at me with her mouth open and her eyes blank. "Wh- Who are you?", I stuttered. She just kept staring at me with the blank expression. "What do you want? Hello? Are you okay?". The cats suddenly stopped their hissing which made her come back to her senses. "Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh dear!", she kept repeating as she tried to run away to her apartment as fast as her old legs could carry with her cats following her. I didn't know what was going on. I decided to talk to the landlord and finally get some clue to solving the huge jigsaw puzzle of a mystery.

It was late in the evening when I returned back home. I had asked the landlord to come visit to ask her about the locked room. I had just finished bathing when I heard a knock. I opened it to find Mrs. Smith, the landlord. "Ahh! Ms. Peterson was it? You wanted to talk to me?", she asked me after she had made herself comfortable on the couch. "Yes. Yes. Ma'am. Actually, I wanted to ask you about the locked door. What's the story behind it, if you don't mind telling me?" "Oh! It's a tragic one I'm afraid, my dear." She said sadly. "The lady that lived there committed suicide is what we believe . A bit of an oddball, she was. No reasons were found as there was no suicide note or anything. I don't know really. When we forced the door open, we found her body covered in what looked like scratches and a knife right in her chest. House reeked of burnt sage and decomposed body. Complete horror, I tell you. There was no way anyone could enter her room as it was locked from the inside making us think she committed suicide. It still sends shivers down my spine when I think about it. Due to the strange circumstances, I decided to keep the room locked." Hearing this, I suddenly felt the creepiest feeling, as if someone was watching me. Something sinister.