ch.1

(Narrator)

Severus was woken up by his alarm. It was the first day of school.which ment dealing with hormonal teenagers but he had not complained once he loved teaching. He got up got dressed, packed his bag, ate breakfast and drove to work ready to start the day. When he got to work he went to the teachers lounge to get a cup of coffee" good morning Severus" David Brown says David is one of Severus' friends"morning David heard anything about what is happening with the English classes" Severus asks. Two days before the first day the old English teacher quite and the school board was trying to find a new teacher before deciding to get a sub"yes they found a new teacher her name is Monica Conners she's a single mother of four she arrived ten minutes early because she had to talk to the principle something about her kids not starting school until Wednesday and not being able to find a babysitter. The principle said they could come to work with her until Wednesday as they really needed her they are sweet kids smart to" David says" wow why would she bring them to work in the first place" Severus says" please if you do meet her try to be nice she has moved about ten times in the past year trying to make sure her kids are safe." David says" I will treat her as I do the other teachers, I better get to my classroom to get ready" Severus says walking out of the teachers lounge and to his class room on the way there he passes one of the two English classrooms at the school and heard the new teacher" ok you guys ready to practice reading" she says" mom do you think our Father will find us" a girl's voice says" listen your dad won't find us ok now go practice reading and remember..." She starts to say when he hears four children say" if we need help try two times then asked for help"" good job now sit and read while I get ready for my classes" the new teacher says he continues walking to his classroom not bothering to figure out what the new teacher was hiding.

(Harmoni)

When the bell rang I got up and went to the stand by the door my children following close behind. When I was sure everyone was in the classroom I walked to the front of the classroom" hello my name is Monica Conners but you can call me miss.conners or miss c. Now I will give you ten minutes to answer my questions before I start telling you the rules of my classroom and what we will be doing." I say and watch everyone raise their hands and I point to someone" hi I am Jessica brown and I was wondering why there are kids following you around" a student says"they are my children they don't start school yet and I have no babysitter so they will be following me around please act like they aren't even here" I say and I pick another student" I am Samuel but I like Sam I was wondering how old you are" the student asks" I am 24 years old" I say this kept going till the timer goes off" ok everyone the rules to my classroom.

1. once the bell rings everyone is to be in the room ten minutes after the bell rings the door will lock and you will go to the office for the rest of the class were you will work on a packet that they give you. If you have a note knock on the door and I will be checking for a note before you enter

2. No bullying

3. No eating or and only aloud to drink water in the classroom

4. Raise your hand if you have a question if you have to use the rest room come up to my desk silently and ask

5. Class work and homework are to be handed in on time or you get a 0 unless I have given you extra time

6. If you break any of my rules you will write your name on the board witch results in a detention each time your name is on the board and I keep track because if you don't receive a detention in my class you get a choice of a prize which are a homework pass, free time on ten minutes after class on Friday, or you get to come into class for a week with out a pass from a teacher It will be calculated every end of the month.

7. If you are late more than tree times in two weeks you will receive detention the amount depends on how many classes you were in the office for.

8. I will only allow a snack if you
A. Missed breakfast
B. Have a late or early lunch( only if you are in periods 4 to6)
C.if I have a note by your parents asking if you can have a snack
D. On testing days
E. If you have a medical condition were you need to eat something every once in a while if so doctor's note needed
F. Or you barely eat at home.( I will notice the signs and give the person to pick from the snack box in the corner of the room.

Are there any questions about the rules" I say and Jess raises her hand" what if we are trying to get to class on time because you get a bus and it comes right before the bell" jess asks" I talked to the principle there will be a staff member out front if you are in my class go over to her and get a pass a lot of teachers are has the same rules so make sure you give her the classroom number an teachers name do not lose my pas because it lasts for two weeks I find it easier that way or you can come up to me and I will give you a pass that will work for the rest of the year but that is only if your bus arrives right before the bell i have a list of the bus's that do. and I will be informed of the bus's that come right before the bell everyday any other questions" I ask and they say no" ok in this class you will learn about classic books and some newer books you will be given an easy about the author of each book that is do a week after we have read the book you will also have vocabulary words as well as homework every other day as well as other things i assign that are do the next day. Every Friday you will be given a packet it will last for a month do what you can out of it and if you finish early you have free time and if your name is on the board in the Square then you don't have to do the packet that Friday unless you want to and if you do your name will stay on the board know you have a project that is do in four weeks and presented to the class I want a power point about you favorite things to do a poster board about your family and personality and an essay of things you want to share with me but not your classmates, the essay is optional. This is an essay project the power point must have at least ten slides you can have multiple slides for each thing if needed explain why you like it, what you feel while doing it,w ho you do it with or why you prefer to do it alone and at least two pictures for each things i also would like a slide of your dislikes and a slide of your likes. This project will determine who will be great working together when it comes to some projects. In the back are the laptops and other supplies please get started and if you realize you have a lot a common I might think of having you present together but after I see what you got now please get started and work quietly" I say and they all got started. about five minutes before the bell i stand up" ok everyone start cleaning up if you have a poster make sure your name is on it and put it in the back and if you decide to take it home come back at the end of the day to get it." I say after the bell rang I have a free period so I decided to read Minerva letter to us.