4 - Princess

Chanyeol had asked my father to let me move in with him after seeing the way my father disciplined me

Chanyeol had asked my father to let me move in with him after seeing the way my father disciplined me. Despite denying it, the bruise and cut on my lip were clear evidence of his abuse.  My father agreed with me living with my fiance since Chanyeol had to threaten to go back against his father's terms with mine regarding our engagement. It would ruin our company's future partnership and investments if my father wouldn't agree to his added terms.

Also, Chanyeol's mother was horrified to learn of what my father had become. She said they had been friends since their college and never did she ever see him violent with anyone nor were there any rumors about it. It reminds me of how similar he is to Jungkook. I also learned that her late husband was my father's best friend. She said it was not just about the business for them, it was about conjoining our families.

Learning that my father lost my mother and his best friend — Chanyeol's dad, I realized, these events were the root of his sudden change and treatment towards me.  But why does he have to take his grief and anger towards my mother out on me?

And most unfortunate of all is that I did not have the chance to choose between him and my mother. My mom just left me to him. She didn't even reach out to me all these years. 

After a brief discussion on where I will be staying from today on. Both our parents agreed that I would go with Chanyeol as my father emphasized greatly that we will be wed soon anyway.

Chanyeol took me to his place —a penthouse on the top floor of a high-end residential building he owned. Chanyeol's mom currently stays in their ancestral home and had offered her home for me to stay in, but he said that it would be better if we lived alone to learn independence. He added that since I am his fiancé or 'his wife-in-training', it would be an opportunity for us to get to know each other.

I was a bit hesitant to go with him after his mother's offer. It's better to stay with a woman rather than a man even if they're both strangers. My chances of defending myself against a woman, a mother, in case things get out of hand again is more likely to succeed than against Chanyeol.

But Chanyeol is the head of the family now. His mom agreed to his suggestion immediately and I wasn't even asked who I wanted to stay with. Despite that, I would have to accept regardless if  I'm asked or not since it is the risk of choosing him over Jungkook. 

My mind was so full of my memories, everything that had happened, all that was inflicted upon and the situation I was forced into starting from the day my mom left until what just happened earlier. It was all so fast and now I'm starting anew with someone I don't know who is to become my husband. 

Is everything going to change or am I still in the same situation? Just with a new person.

I was starting to zone out of what was happening around me when realized how desperately I was clinging on to him as soon as he announced that we had arrived at his place.