7 - Endure

I just received news from Daddy that our engagement party will be held 3 days from today

I just received news from Daddy that our engagement party will be held 3 days from today. Since he's still sorting stuff from work, he instructed me to go to a boutique today where he had already asked the designer to make a dress for me for the said occasion. 

Because I'll be going out alone, Daddy had permitted me to drive one of his cars even, though I initially refused because I could take a cab. I know how to drive but I couldn't practice much after I got my license because my father never allowed me to borrow any of his cars. When I finally agreed to his suggestion, he wanted someone to drive me there but when I saw the kind of car he planned on lending me, my mind changed, and I asked if I could drive myself.  It was a 2-seater Porsche car. I didn't know what kind of model it was since I don't know much about cars, but it looked classically glorious and I wanted to experience driving it by myself.

He had also given me a little black card to buy all that I needed while I was out. He was a bit apologetic since he couldn't accompany me and honestly, I wanted to go out with him, like on a date. 

The lady who designed the gown showed the unfinished tailored piece and let me try it on. She made a few adjustments to the measurements even if it felt like the dress already fit me well.

To be honest, the designer is very pretty. She had an angelic face and long raven hair. Her skin glistened with the light and was white as milk. She even made my heart skip a beat whenever her face came close to mine.

She told me she only came back to Korea as a favor to my Daddy because he wanted her to make my dress for our engagement.

"You're really lucky with Mr. Park." she said, smiling softly as she put a pin on the side of the dress.

"Yes. I feel like I'm in a dream, to be honest." I replied, returning her gentle smile. "How long have you known him?" I asked.

"If I'm not mistaken, for about a decade now. He's very kind. He's such a gentleman, and he will never make you feel like you're in a different class of people, especially from a man of his stature. The first time I met him, he exuded this aura of wealth and authority but once you're able to have a conversation with him, you wouldn't feel that intimidation we expect to feel when dealing with the wealthy... There's also something about the way he talks, it sounds very gentle and the words he uses are careful, like down to earth... and he's very gentle..." she answered endearingly.

I just asked one question and she gave me an exceptionally endearing perspective of him which made me feel like there are some feelings involved, especially her expression as she answered.

It should've made me assured that the man I chose to be with was a good man. Everything she said, I felt it the first time I met him. I immediately trusted him because I felt comfortable, safe, and peaceful, especially hearing his voice, and feeling his warmth after each embrace.

But I don't like how she's making me feel. 

Does everyone feel like this about my Daddy?

I couldn't help but feel a little confused as to why would Daddy treat her the way he treats me as if I'm not his most special person.