[2] The Scholar Freak

Thank to the Lords, the school grounds were filled with the fog. To which all the students loved to stay in the locker rooms and classes until the lectures would began. This gave the mean glasses to carry me hurriedly towards the medical room through the direct way from the school's front gate that was restricted for students.

But seeing my condition, the watchman let us enter the long corridor. My eyes rolled over again when his continuous running had pained my knees to an insufferable point, I whimpered slightly. Pushing my face in his chest, I shifted more to make myself comfortable.

But before I could even take such a luxury, he laid me on the bed, stepped away and bent down to groan hard, cursing at the pain in his arms.

"What happened to you, darling?" The nurse recognized me since I would come to meet her every month, asking for a sanitary pad as I am way too careless to put extra in my bags like the sincere girls.

I blinked slowly, relaxing on the soft bed. I heard her asking him this time. "What happened?" She rushed to my side with the first aid kit in her hand. Removing away the lid, she picked out the cotton wrap and winced at seeing my knees.

"God, what did you do?" She stared at me while I looked away, feeling too emotional at my condition. I observed the single light being lit in the whole medical room while she waited for the mean glasses to speak who only stood up slowly, still moving his arms.

He pushed back his glasses and glanced at me. "I lost control on the paddling and the road was steep. She was walking in the middle, lost in her own world, didn't listen to me fucking blowing the bell hard. I ended up getting off as I knew I was about to crash her. Before I could stable myself and reach for the bike, it hit her back-"

"And I was flying over to the side of the road on the pit of dried winter leaves." I muttered through gritted teeth, looking away from him.

The nurse raised her eyebrows, lowering her eyes as she wiped the blood off my legs too that had faint scratches. "Well, that didn't end well." She glanced back at him. "Your name, dear?"

He clenched his jaws, glaring at me before telling her, "Marcus."

I rolled my eyes, flaring my nostrils as the pain was unbearable when she started cleaning it with the alcohol swaps. She nodded and looked at me. "Is there hurting anywhere else?"

I nodded, blinking tears. "My thighs from the back and my back is hurt too. I can feel something wet sliding down-"

"Oh! Stop making a fuss," he spoke, clearing his throat when the nurse looked at him, narrowing her eyes.

"It's okay, Marcus. You didn't hurt her knowingly. Right?"

Marcus looked at her in disbelief. "Obviously."

I scoffed, looking away while she chuckled and told him, "Where is her bag? Can you bring me her sports tracks? Clearly, the injuries can't be handled in this skinny jeans."

He blinked slowly, zigzagging his jaws and I could already imagine him explaining her that he had a test to take. But just as he glanced at me, he sighed. Smiling humorlessly at her, he nodded.

"I'll be right back," he muttered while turning around and rushing out of the room.

Till then, the nurse had told me to remove my sweater. She told me to shift and stood back to observe the wound on the back.

"Ah! It's just a red mark with a little cut. Where the tire or handle must have hit you. I will put ointment on it as it must be stinging."

I nodded while she did it quietly. The room was warm enough to make me relax slowly. The pain was too slowing down as she had taped the wound with cotton but I still needed to be bandaged which could only happen if Marcus had returned.