[8] The Scholar Boyfriend

Tick

Tick

Tick

The wall clock kept indicating me the amount of time that I was wasting in thinking about the unexpected that happened. But I couldn't get over it. How could I? After all, it was everything that had never happened and I hadn't thought it would feel so good when would happen.

Except one-third of the classmates, no one really knew if there was a girl named Loretta Ryder coming to school, who didn't even bath the alternate days. Today, everyone. Almost, everyone was staring at the girl who dared to befriend the infamous Marcus Brent.

My classmates were looking, Joan and Alyssa were gaping, the hot but an idiot Ted Lovell had noticed me and even talked to me. Even in the classes, everyone was giving me those curious looks.

I sighed dreamily.

As if Marcus came like an angel and changed the air around me. Though, I know the attention I got was not because Marcus was a nerd and a silent guy. It was more than that. It was because he had never let someone enter his life. He had always been alone and never looked desperate to change that.

But now I knew, how desperate he was to have a crime partner.

Team

He had called us a team. It felt like he had some ambitions in his mind. But frankly, I could already guess that he just had a bucket list where all his stupid dreams were written. And he wanted to tick it all out and have the fun in his last year.

But what happened today was nowhere looked like it was helping in improving his school life. Was it? They all already knew Marcus. So, I got the attention. I got the ride to home. I got someone to talk in my boring journey from school to home. I got an erotic novel in gift and a promise to have my scores raised up soon.

What was Marcus even getting by making me her girlfriend?

I stared at the ceiling, remembering how Ted had given him those raised eyebrows as if he couldn't believe Marcus had gotten a girl for himself. Same was the reaction from other classmates of him. The girls on the other hand had their attention more on me. Those judgmental eyes on me were giving Marcus the scores.

Good

Average

Poor

I rolled my eyes. Damn this high school! I was great back at my hometown. With Nana and all the cousins, I would never had to go through these massive injuries and that creepy ass boyfriend along with the upcoming perks of being with him.

Boyfriend

The word wasn't leaving my mind. I had broken a home rule that I had been following so proudly and religiously. Mom would freak out. Totally. Her reaction could be hilarious with all the chapter of Creepy Brent's, that she would begin with. But it won't last with just that.

Instead of one, I would have both of my legs bandaged.

I huffed to myself, thinking how till now I had successfully kept all the secrets from them. They never got to know I went to Joan's brother, Jacob's party that even in a very short dress that I borrowed from her. They never got to know how I was still continuing with the fast food and my erotic taste of novels.

It was easy.

But yeah, I would just have to keep my face straight all the time.

No goofy smiles, no cheeky comments, no stupid tongue-slips.