[4] Staying Away

The second encounter had churned my stomach that I couldn't get up from the couch and do anything. I was sitting quietly while staring at the ointment he had brought or maybe, bought.

Somehow, that was sweet and caring enough. I wanted to smile over it but the way he ended the conversation by threatening me, that even of telling mom about my erotic novels, had stopped me from curving my lips.

If last night I had decided to not tell mom about the accident, now I had written it in my mind with a stone that I wouldn't do it any cost.

Yeah, at the cost of saving my novels from getting caught.

I frowned when I recalled his words.

Dildo

"That prick," my teeth gritted in anger. "How dare he talked to me so casually about it?"

I closed my eyes, feeling my head aching just by concluding how of a coward I had became when he would give me those dead looks. I didn't know what was happening with me, every time he would warn me in his cold tone.

I was savage enough to give good replies, but his aura was way too threatening to be overpowered. Now, he had actually warned me to not tell Mom about the accident.

This only showed that he was scared of his parents and how great the jerk he was to blackmail me like that.

Never had I seen a boy with specs, this much mean.

I hit my fist on the table.

This had to be over.

He was a threat to my free life and could dominate me in a dangerous way like he had been doing since yesterday. If this keep continuing, mom would end up eavesdropping us anyhow.

I didn't know him. Yeah, that's it. I didn't know him by any means.

He was a Brent and I was restricted to make any contact with the family. Not only that, I myself didn't want him to talk to me again. It could only happen if I end this thing right here by not telling Mom ever about the accident.

It wasn't a big deal. I had only gotten some pretty wounds.

I blinked rapidly, feeling angry for no reason. If only he was a sweet guy, I wouldn't even have minded him talking to me this way.

But now, I had my dignity to save in front of my parents. So, this was it.

I won't be talking to the scholar freak again.

Clearly, not happening.

________

Next morning, Dad dropped me at the school with mom still freaking out as how I would be handling things. Thank the lords, she hadn't seen Joan and Alyssa or she would have caught them by hand and begged to take care of me. That would have killed me.

The first half passed like a blur with intense chapter being covered in the warm winter silence. I felt sleepy but not enough to not understand them. I was happy with my understanding of the current topics and felt motivated enough to do the homework today.

Everything was going fine until the lunch break began.

Joan and Alyssa were continuously whispering their view on the brand new haircut of our senior, Tabitha Evans. I was too listening quietly while keeping my eyes on her sweet giggling at her boyfriend bullying the students from sophomore year.

The popular, classic jock-Ted Lovell wanted nothing from this world but to smirk at his stupidities. I rolled my eyes mentally when he called names on a freshman, took his burger and pushed him hard that he had almost fallen on his face. But he balanced himself, shaking his head sadly.