~Part 3~

Down at his usual book store, Jack was busy stacking books whilst listening to his room mate go on about something that he didn't really care about. Jack works down at his local book store just to gain a little bit of extra money. His father deeply disapproves how Jack lives (working in the book store, living in a small apartment, not doing well in school etc.) However Jack loves everything he has and would never give up what's important to him.

"What about we go to Atlantic city for your birthday this year man?" Hiccup asked him, whilst trying to eat his slice of pizza.

"Really?" Jack asked. He was surprised that Hiccup would suggest such a thing considering he knew Jack rarely goes out.

"Yeah," He said taking a bite from his food "we could get a suite, you could call toothbrush girl." He added on jokingly at the end.

"I'd rather be sodomized with a toothbrush, than do that." Jack replied and he wasn't joking about that. Jack never goes out, not after Jamie died anyway. He'd rather stay at home with his books and have time to himself than go out into a dirty bar filled with drunken people and girls who sell themselves to the pray of the night. He didn't have anything against going out, it just wasn't his idea of fun.

"Well it's your day, you gotta work something out" Hiccup said totally accepting the fact that his room mate was nothing like him when it came to going out.

"You know the schematic for the particular shelf was authors who sleep together and end up dead or in prison." Jack said to him, trying to draw his attention away from the subject of his birthday.

"No shit." Hiccup said, taking a sudden interest in the books surrounding him.

"Shit" Jack said, clearly happy that he had managed to change the subject so effortlessly.

"See this is why chicks dig you man" Jack scoffed at Hiccups statement, not wanting to admit the fact that he did slightly have a point "Nah I'm serious man, they love this freaky poetic crap." Jack slightly shook his head at his room mates behavior. Hiccup was a very inappropriate person who enjoyed drinking and having one night stands with girls. Yes Jack does drink but he was a lot more responsible than Hiccup. "Oh, I ran into Merida yesterday" he said suddenly remembering the event. She's bar tending at that club down the street tonight, wants us to stop by. Practically begged me." He said trying to make him seem so irresistible to all the ladies around.

"Eh..." Jack mumbled trying to show how uninterested he was with that idea. Hiccup had clearly had enough of Jacks attitude and pushed the ladders Jack was on, Jack then fell into all of the romantic books stacked on the shelves.

"Hey!" Jack yelled incredibly angry at what Hiccup had done.

"Hey? Hey nothing man. Look you've been a ghost these past couple of weeks. You never wanna go out anymore. I'm feeling really unappreciated here!" He said getting louder, annoying everyone else in the book store wanting so peace and quiet. "I'm sick and tired of all this brooding introvert bullshit. I'm ready to set up an intervention." He yelled at him but not too loud to annoy others in the store more than he already has.

"You realize that intervention typically discourage binge drinking." Jack said smartly.

Hiccup shrugged off Jacks last comment and continued to persuade him "Come on, just one drink" he begged.

"When was the last time you had one drink at a bar?" Jack asked, already knowing that he wouldn't have a very good answer.

Hiccup took a moment to think about it. Whenever he goes out he usually has at least 4 or 5 drinks. Jack wasn't sure he'd ever gone out and only had one drink. "Communion."