~Part 12~

That next morning Jack was filled with hope and happiness. He was sat outside his widow smoking another cigarette. He glanced back into his room and saw Rapunzel sleeping peacefully o his bed. A small smile came on Jacks face as he admired her beautiful features. Jack was deep in though when a car horn beeped, snapping him out of his thoughts.

He quietly climbed back into his room, careful to not wake the sleeping beauty. He put out his cigarette and grabbed a pen. He started writing a quick note for Rapunzel and placed it next to her on the bed.

Please don't leave - I will be back ;)

                                                                                     *~*~*~*~*

Jack was sitting at his usual diner again writing in his journal. He couldn't hear the busy sounds of cars rushing past the window or the rattling of plates in the diner, he was too focused on his journal.

'Hey Jamie. I've done something bad. Really bad. But something amazing came out of it. I've met a fantastic girl, she's amazing, smart, funny and beautiful. But I don't deserve her. It's like that Shakespeare quote you would always say to me.
Fair is foul and fouls is fair.
I'm not sure if this is one of those situations but I'm just glad that I've found someone like her. Rapunzel.'

"I can't believe you still come down here." Someone said to Jack. He looked up annoyed from being distracted from his thoughts but when he saw who it was his face softened. Jenny was stood there with two cups of coffee in her hands.

"It's closest." Jack said. Hiding the real reason. Of course Jenny knew the real reason. She was considered a family friend to Jacks father and an aunt to Jack. "Black with 2 sugars?" Jack asked referring to the cups of coffee in Jenny's hands.

She raised one of the cups as if to make a toast to Jack. A small smile came on her face as she chuckled at Jacks correct assumption. "Old habits." She said. Every morning she would go down to that diner and get two coffees to go. One for herself (coffee with milk, no sugar) and one for Jacks father (Black with 2 sugars).

"You're not writing anything bad in there about me are you?" Jenny asked Jack, tilting her head slightly.

Jack laughed to himself "Not this time" he joked. Jenny smiled at him before taking a quick look at her watch.

"I've got to run. Early meetings." She said, not going into detail because she knew Jack wasn't interested in this like like that. Jack nodded at her respecting that she has work to do. Jenny turns around to leave but she stops and remembers something. She turns back to Jack "And if I don't see you before Sunday, Happy Birthday." She said.

Jack, once again, smiles at her and nods.

*~*~*~*~*

"Hey." Rapunzel says with a hoarse voice. She had only been up about 5 minutes before Jack come back. She was sat crossed legged on his bed dressed in a short pink dress and denim jacket. She had a necklace hanging from her neck with a big heart on the end.

"Hey" Jack said back to her walking into his room. He placed his journal on the bed and then sat next to her handing her her coffee in the process.

"Where'd you go?" She asked. Jack saw the note he had left on the bed side table neatly folded in half.

"Downtown." He said to her and looked at her. The look she gave him said that she was not satisfied with his answer so he continued. "To get coffee." He said gesturing to the coffee in her hand that he had bought for her.

"There a loads of coffee shops around here." She said. She wanted to get the truth out of him badly.

Jack gave up trying to avoid the question and told her "It was our place... Jamie's and mine," He started and Rapunzel was listening carefully. She felt slightly bad for getting him to tell her something so personal and upsetting. "We had breakfast there all the time..." Jack took his time "Maybe not as many times as I think we did." He said a chuckled slightly and Rapunzel smiled at him with empathy "But enough times. But that's where we had breakfast that morning. The last time I saw him." Jack finished. He looked down at his hand. The memories of that day came flooding back into his mind. Memories that he had tried to push away for so long.

Rapunzel sat there. She didn't know how to respond. How would you respond to something like that? Finally she spoke up "So you go there to write? To Him?" she asked gently.

Jack lifted his head "I guess I just wanted to tell someone about you."

Rapunzel was moved by what Jack had said. She thought that she shouldn't keep her past a secret when Jack told her something so hard for anyone to say. She felt like so owed it to Jack. "My mother was murdered 10 years ago." Jack sits there stunned "You don't need to say anything. You're sorry, everyone is always sorry you know?"

Jack nods in agreement. "I just," Rapunzel continued "I need you to know that my dad is not an evil guy. I don't want you to think because I'm here he's some kind of belligerent psychotic I don't know just lately he seems..." She looked up at Jack face. His eyes were so patient. "Wounded? Our house is like a recovery room or something..." Jack pulls her into his arms and strokes her hair. "I don't feel like that. I feel like I'm getting stronger but I'm leaving him behind to do it all by himself." At this point she was crying silently. Jack pulled away and wiped the tears from her eyes.

He pulled her into a gentle and loving kiss. He was she trusted him enough to tell him that. Just like he trusted her.

A/N

Hey guy! My God I've missed you all. I'm so sorry that I having been updating. Exams are KILLING me 😒. I kept writing little bits for days and finally I've got this chapter written! Again sorry and thank you so much for still reading this. 💙

Vote, comment, spread the word! 💜

Always_Dreaming_xoxo😊❤️