~Part 18~

"I just don't know what to think of it all..." Emma rambled on to her brother. They were both walking down a street for very rich people. Jack wasn't really listening to Emma as she talked to him. His mind was focused on one person. A blond, emerald eyed beauty that he had just lost. Emma continued to talk as she struggled to balance the present she was carrying in her hands.

Emma had unexpectedly been invited to a birthday party for one of the 'popular' girls in school. She was very nervous as she had never been to one of their parties before. "Do you think it'll be fun? Do you think I could be friends with them?" she asked.

Jack was so full of anger at himself that he roughly said to her "You might if you actually grow up a little..." He stop when he realised what he said. He didn't mean it. He didn't meant to hurt his little sister. He looked down at her and saw her eyes full of pain. "Wait Emma..." He began but Emma ran into the house where the party was being held. Jack looked down and kicked the ground under his feet. He felt terrible. He was messing everything up between the most important people in his life.

*~*~*~*~*

Emma entered the bright house. Everywhere was bright white and spotless. She looked around and saw balloons everywhere and girls (the same age as her) running around, enjoying themselves. She was welcomed into the house by a tall women, her phone was glued to her ear as she quickly let Emma in. A pretty girl came towards her. Emma then held up the present she had been struggling with and handed it to her, wishing her a happy birthday as she did. The girl took it from her hands and simply said "Thank you." She then rushed off back to the party. Leaving Emma to find her own way.

She looked at everyone and noticed two girls in particular. One of them was braiding another girls hair whilst listening to the other girl whispering in her ear. They both looked at Emma and giggled.

*~*~*~*~*

The next morning Jack mum was on the phone frantically asking questions to whoever was on the end of the line. Emma was crying on the other end. She was trying to keep herself together but couldn't find the strength in her. "No mum, I'm OK. I just need you to come and pick me up." Emma paced around and her hand went up to her head.

She carefully felt her hair, she missed the feeling of her long hair. It felt strange to her. One section of her hair was long and smooth but the other was rough and short where one of the girls at the sleepover party had cut her hair when she was asleep...

*~*~*~*~*

Hiccup stood in front of the door, preparing himself for who was going to open it. Craig opened up the door and looked at the boy stood in front of him. It didn't take him long to remember who it was. "Hi." Hiccup breathed out. Craig said nothing and just looked at him with no emotion. "Um... does-does Rapunzel Corona live here?" He stumbled. Craig nodded. "I'm-" He carried on but was quickly interrupted.

"You think I don't remember who you are?" He said. Hiccup looked down in shame, but quickly picked himself back up. Before he could say anything more he heard a female voice from inside the house.

"Who is it?" Rapunzel shouted before coming to the door. When she saw Hiccup standing there her face dropped. Hiccup could feel the tension between and began his sentence.

"Can I talk to you?" He said, more like whispered out of nervousness.

Rapunzel looked up to her father an gave him a look asking him to leave. He obeyed. Once he was gone Rapunzel turned back to Hiccup and slightly shrugged her shoulder as a sign for him to start.

"I'm an idiot." He started and Rapunzel just nodded. She wasn't in a talkative mood at the moment. "But Jack's not." Rapunzel started to close the door on Hiccup but he stopped her. "Wait wait! Shit." He mumbled as he realised that he would have to try a lot harder. "Look, I've only seen him look at one other girl the way he looks at you." Seeing that Rapunzel was clearly not impressed Hiccup explained. "She's a lot smaller and shares his DNA." Rapunzel looked down as she understood what he was saying. "You don't have to forgive him today," Hiccup continued.

"But just forgive him."

*~*~*~*~*

Jack was laying on Emma's bed as she laid next to him, snuggling up to his warm embrace as he read her a book to sooth her. Her hair was now cut to a very short length, trying to match. Emma was already sound asleep but Jack carried on reading, until he heard the door bell ring. He carefully pulled his arm away from under Emma's neck and quietly tip-toed out of her room.

Jack saw his mother at the door. Her face was a mixture of sadness and pure delight. Hiccup come into Jacks view as he gave his mother a big hug. He pulled away as if to make room for another person. To his surprise a familiar blond haired beauty entered his vision. she hadn't changed since last time he saw her. She was still the angle Jack thought she was.

Rapunzel was still slightly unsure about what she was doing but out of respect and empathy she still - of course - gave Jacks mum a big gentle hug. She pulled back and looked to her right. Down the hallway she saw Jack leaning against the wall looking shocked.

They locked eyes.