Small Details

"Ichimatsu."

That voice. It startled the one called as he slowly turned around to be faced with Choromatsu. There was something about the sight of his older brother that unsettled him, maybe it was the way he looked. He looked tired and unorganized, if that's even a way to describe a look, which was way different than he usually does which was the attempt of organized and 'proper'. In simple terms, plain. It also wasn't like him to approach someone these days, let alone Ichimatsu, "What is it?"

Ichimatsu tried to sound as normal as possible, which he was thankfully achieving. Choromatsu on the other hand was more...emotionless. It was scary.

"I was wondering if um...we could switch spots on the futon..." He looked away to the side as he finished.

That was...an odd request, although not unexpected. Maybe normally he would've asked why, but it didn't feel right to and like it should have already been obvious. If anything it was something that all of the brothers were waiting to happen. Since this entire situation has happened, the one thing that didn't change, surprisingly, was they all still slept together. No matter what happened that day, Choromatsu always slept in his same spot with all of them. It was honestly a miracle it took this long for him to want some sort of change in that.

Ichimatsu thought this over. The cons was he'd sleep next to Osomatsu, a very active heavy sleeper that doesn't let others sleep and this change will most likely upset him, and he'd sleep next to Jyushimatsu. But the pros is it'll most likely satisfy his immediate older brother, especially considering this is the only thing he's asked of him and it must've take all his guts to come talk to Ichimatsu, and he'd sleep next to Jyushimatsu.

No matter what the pros or cons were, he already knew how he'd answer, "Sure. I don't mind nor care."

That's when he saw a small smile come out of Choromatsu, the first he's seen in a while. It made him want to smile too, or at least feel his cheeks warm up. "Thank you." Is what the latter said softly, sounding pretty relieved. But soon after, he walked away.

Despite how relieved he seemed, it was off in a way. Ichimatsu couldn't pinpoint it, but something about Choromatsu felt...wrong. Maybe he was overreacting or letting what Osomatsu said get to him.

But it was part of his plan. It always was. This was the start, what he essentially needed. And it was Ichimatsu's fault.