Different Types of Freedom

Its been two weeks since Choromatsu asked Ichimatsu to switch places in the futon. As he initially thought, Osomatsu was upset at this change, skeptical, but there was nothing he could do.

There was nothing he could've done, that anyone could've done, because they all felt guilty. When someone feels guilty about a certain helpless situations inflicted on someone, its hard for them to say no about certain things, they feel obliged and guilt tripped as if 'its the least they can do' type of ordeal. Choromatsu clearly knew this, he's witnessed and done its perfect works. He didn't feel bad about it, not in the slighest. Why should he?

They should feel guilty, they are down right horrible people. Choromatsu didn't ask for this, he didn't deserve this. Yet none of his brothers bothered to defend him, to help him, to just be there for him. He knew they were awful to begin with, but this was just another level.

Well, it didn't matter. Two weeks was enough time. Even if someone got suspicious, they wouldn't approach him so early and soon as two weeks. Besides, it's not like anything really changed that would make them question him. Choromatsu still spent most of his time in his room writing. Except this time, he was writing with a purpose. He was writing about his situation, his feelings, to his brothers. If anything, this was courteous of him. Choromatsu didn't have to write anything to them! Not after all they've forced him to put up with, with these stupid rules, this stupid house, with their bullshit. But he did anyway, because he's at least a decent fucking person.

The perks of having to sleep next to Osomatsu for half of his life, is Choromatsu knew exactly when Osomatsu slept, any physical cues that could tell Choromatsu he was out like a light. Even with the two brothers now inbetween them, Choromatsu could still tell. Of course he couldn't do anything as soon as this change was made, Osomatsu would obviously be cautious and suspicious, all Choromatsu had to do was be patient. A lesson he learned from none other but his brother dearest.

Soon enough, he noticed Osomatsu sleeping soundly like the rest of his brothers. Perfect.

Another rule of his household, was once the day ended, they all had to give their keys to Osomatsu, since they surprisingly trusted him the most with this task, so he could lock them in a box. Funny, locking keys in a box that needs a key just so they know for sure Choromatsu wouldn't try to get out while everyone slept by taking their keys. Such great lengths they got for this. Choromatsu has honestly never seen his entire family be so dedicated, so committed, so despreate. They act as if once Choromatsu gets out the house, it'll be the literal end of the world and they were the 'protectors', the only people who could prevent it to the best of their abilities by making Choromatsu suffer and drive him to his limit.

He couldn't tell if they just assumed Choromatsu could handle this situation or if they literally wanted to mentally torture him for nothing more but their own satisfaction.

Everything was in place. His writings, the clothes he wore - which was his flannel, and what he'd take. If you asked him to choose between living in the streets homeless with no food, money, or a roof over his head but a low paying job surrounded by strangers or live the rest of his life in the same house with the same people as he didnt have to worry about food or bills, without a doubt or second thought, he'd choose the first option. No hesitation. People who chose the second don't know how awful it is, how excruciating and hopeless it feels.

It was morning, around 11 AM. No one was up, it was a Sunday, of course no one would be, it didn't work that way in this house. He's been in here long enough to learn that. It might seem risky, but this was the only time he could leave as he finally found the key after searching sleepless nights. If Osomatsu wasn't here, there is no way he'd ever get his hands on any key.