Chances Lost (Argus x Rafaela)

*This has been highly procrastinated on and might be inconsistent*

This has bit of inspiration from SilvieXing's most recent chapters with AluBy xD

~~~

~6 Years Ago~

A blonde girl stood on her tippy toes with her ears pressed up to the glass of the building. In the building was the sound of a piano playing a happy tune. The girl attempts to peek into the building, "Hey Raf!" The girl falls back and whips around quickly to see her best friend approaching her.

She sighs and shakes her head laughing awkwardly, "Ahhh...Argus, you scared me..."

The boy smiles at the girl, "Haha, sorry Raf~ what you doing though?" She whips her head back to look up at the window then back at Argus. She lifts her arms up in an attempt to cover the window as Argus continues to approach her, "I-it's nothing!"

He laughs are her attempt to hide whatever she is and easily peaks through the window over her small frame, "Hm, piano?" She beats on his chest angrily as he is hovering above her, "Shut up!" He laughs and backs off and away from her.

"Jeez Raf, what's the problem?" He smiles at her and messes with her hair. She huffs angrily at him, "Now you're just teasing me about it..."

"Awh, calm down. Anyways, why're you standing back here and watching in? Can't you just go into the music building?" She shifts a bit on her feet before shaking her head sadly.

"They won't let me..."

"Oh...them..." She nods and looks at him and makes the sadness disappear from her face, "No worries, I prefer listening to the piano more than I probably would prefer playing. The piano just sounds nice, I love it." Argus nods.

"Don't worry, I'll learn how to play the piano then you won't have to stand outside and look in to hear the music!" She laughs at his determined face, Argus huffs is response.

"No, I will!" She nods, "But you said you'd also protect me and make art for me." She laughs as she lists the things Argus said he'd do for her.

"No I will! I'll learn piano and make a song for you, I'll get better at art and make a portrait of you so you can finally see you're beautiful, and I always have and will continue to always protect you Raf. Don't you believe me?" She looks up at him and smiles.

"Of course I do, I've always believed you Argus." He extends out his pinky up to her, she takes her pinky and they wrap them around each other, then put their thumbs together sealing the promise.

~~~

Rafaela's POV

I waited at the gate of the school as usual. Within the first week of me moving up to high school, me and Argus created the usual routine for waiting for one another at the gates at the end of the day.

Today though, Argus was late. The school was emptying and I watched as people continued coming out of the main building and then passed me. None of the people that came out was Argus.

It was odd because he would've contacted me, we've been friends since I was 5 and he was 7, he told me about everything. It might seem weird, but our friendship is built on honesty, even if it might take some extra prying on some cases, it's built on the ground of complete honesty to each other.

I take my phone out and check the time. There's no way he's still inside finishing up any work from class. I sigh and start heading back into the school.