Chapter 1

"And a big good morning to everyone today," the old radio crackled in the kitchen. "Some breaking news, we are experiencing a sudden fall of snow. A word of caution to anyone going out today as ice has covered nearly all of the roads. Schools have been canceled..."

        The person listening in glanced over towards the device in interest, cocking a brow. Hearing a cry of joy from the next-door neighbor two brothers rushed out their front door, talking excitedly about how they had the day off. One of them, Claude, noticed the girl in the kitchen window, waving excitedly. "Hi, Ally!"

        The teen smiled and waved back, watching until they were out of sight. And something caught her eye, as a white blur seemed to follow after them. "So..." she muttered. "He's back again..."

        The brothers ran down the road, spotting one of their friend's by the lake, picking up his book that had fallen from his grasp. "Haha! Yeah!" Claude exclaimed, rushing past.

        "Snow day!" his younger brother, Caleb, added. "Come on, Jamie!"

        "Guys! Wait up! Are you coming to the egg hunt Sunday?" the boy shouted.

        "Yeah, free candy!"

        "I hope we can find the eggs with all of this snow," Claude said.

        The friends agreed eagerly, Jamie wiping away some lingering dirt before opening the book again. His eyes scanned the page and immediately his attention was caught. "Whoa!" the boy exclaimed, opening the loose board in his fence and slipping through. "It says here they found Bigfoot hair samples and DNA in Michigan! That's like super close!"

        "Here we go again," Claude muttered, rolling his eyes.

        "You saw that video too, Claude. He's out there."

        There was a dreamy look in his eyes at the thought of the mythical spirits and creatures being real. And for years he always dreamed of going off and trying to discover their existence. Though unknown to the children, they weren't completely alone as someone listened closely to the conversation at hand. His feet lightly touched the top of the wooden fence, walking along the top as if it were the easiest thing in the world. As if the ice and snow had no affect over him. Jack Frost. That was the name he went by, and he watched the children in amusement and excitement for he liked fun and games.

        "That's what you said about aliens," Caleb stated.

        "And the Easter Bunny," Claude added.

        "The Easter Bunny is real."

        "Oh, he's real all right," a voice muttered under his breath. Only it fell on deaf ears. "Really annoying, real grumpy, and really full of himself."

        "Easter Bunny! Hop! Hop! Hop!" Jamie's younger sister, Sophie, cheered with excitement. The family dog barked out of joy, bolting off the steps and accidentally pushed her over. "Ow!"

        "Mom! Sophie fell again!" Jamie called into the house.

        A woman came to the back door quickly to check. "You okay, Soph?" The child grinned, wiping away her tears. "Jamie, hat," she called out to the boy who was running off with his friends. He groaned in protest, turning around as she placed a hat on his head. "You don't want Jack Frost nipping at your nose."

        "Who's Jack Frost?" the boy asked.

        "No one, honey, it's just an expression."