Chapter 10

Jack didn't stop until he reached the coldest point he knew. Antarctica. Where there was no one there for him to inflict pain on. No one to not believe in him. He was alone, and the spirit liked it while glaring down at the item in his hands. The very compartment that caused this whole mess and the young man found himself running towards a cliff ready to cast it into the icy waters below. However at the last moment he stopped, sigh heavily realizing he was unable to do such a thing. This whole time the spirit wanted answer and they were right here. But at the price of those he was beginning to consider friends... Jack was questioning everything.

        "I thought this might happen," an unwelcomed voice revealed itself. "They never really believed in you. I tried to show you that. I understand." Just the sight of Pitch made Jack's blood boil. Without hesitation, he attacked.

        "You don't understand anything!" the young man shouted.

        Of course Pitch fought back as they exchanged blows. "No? I don't know what it feels like to be cast out?" the Boogieman retaliated.

        There was an explosion when the two attacks collided kicking up the snow making it difficult to see. Everything paused as Jack cautiously crept through the disoriented landscape.

        "To not be believed in. To long for a family?" The spirit whirled around realizing the enemy was standing behind him. "All those years in the shadows and no one knowing what it feels like... And then I knew I was wrong. We don't have to be alone, Jack. I believe in you. And I know children will too."

        "In me?"

        "Yes!" Pitch laughed, now circling him. "Look at what we can do!" His hand motioned towards the frozen structure that stood before them as spikes made of ice and black sand reached high into the air as the aftermath from their final attack. "What goes better together than cold and dark? We'll give them a world were everything, everything is-"

        "Pitch black?"

        "And Jack Frost too," he added. "They'll believe in both of us."

        "No, they will fear both of us, and that's not what I want. Now for the last time, leave me alone." He didn't want anything to do with the Boogieman or any other spirit or human for that matter.

        "Very well. You want to be left alone," he spoke in annoyance at the young man's stubborn behavior. "Done. But first." The comment drew Jack's attention back watching as Pitch's clenched hand rose holding a fairy tightly in his grasp.

        "Baby Tooth!" He sprung forward into action only to watch as the man's clutch around her tightened causing her to squeak. It was enough of a warning to tell him to stop.

        "The staff, Jack! You have a bad habit of interfering. Now hand it over and I'll let her go." Torn his eyes watched as Baby Tooth's head shook saying, begging, not to do it. But the spirit was done seeing his friends get hurt and hesitantly handed over the wooden weapon.

        "All right, now let her go."

        Pitch grinned dangerously. "No. You said you wanted to be alone. So be alone!"

        Before anymore harm could come to her the fairy pecked at the Boogieman's hand so harshly it caused him to cry out in pain before throwing Baby Tooth through the air. "No!" Jack shouted. Before he could take off after the fairy the young man cried out in pain as the staff was broken in half. Grinning in victory a blast of black sand shot from Pitch's palm throwing the frost spirit through the air. His back roughly made contact with the same rock Baby Tooth had hit before falling into a gorge. As his vision swam Pitch cackled from above before tossing in the remains of the staff. "It was nice seeing you, Jack." And finally the spirit was left alone.

----------

        "Don't worry, Mr. and Mrs. Bennett, I'll take care of dinner for them."

        "Thank you, Ally," the mom smiled. "Work was a bit chaotic for the both of us and we got home late."

        "No worries," the teen smiled. "Have fun. We'll see you in the morning."

        Closing the door Ally grinned as Sophie came bounding down the stairs hopping around like the Easter Bunny, while Jamie was reading his latest magazine on the couch about recent discovers on the supernatural and legends. "Easter Bunny, hop, hop, hop!"

        The older teen bent down to the child's level, ruffling her hair. "Shall we hop, hop, hop into the kitchen to find something to eat?"

        "Yeah!"

        And the two did just that bounding into the far end of the home.