Secrets (Part I) - Chapter Four

THE DOOR swung open and the whole Weasley family made their way inside with Lyra trailing behind. Everyone's luggage from the school had been packed and sent to the hideout once they had left for St Mungo's. They didn't go back to school, there wasn't really much point in going back for three days before leaving again for Christmas. Lyra had been visiting her mother every day since she had left school and they were on better terms now that Lyra had some time to process what had happened to her mother and that there was nothing she or anyone else could do.

Harry and Hermione had arrived at 12 Grimmauld Place earlier that day and wanted to come with Lyra and the Weasley family to St Mungo's to visit Jane and Mr. Weasley. Lyra put a carry bag over her shoulder and stuffed her mother's journal inside knowing that she would want to write down her thoughts and feelings. Something that Lyra had picked up herself while watching her mother. After collecting all of her things she waited for everyone in the living room and opened her journal reading over her last entry.

I haven't heard from Mum in a while. I hope she's doing okay, I should really send her a letter. School has been getting harder, the teachers are grading our work a lot more harshly, which is fair I guess. That doesn't make it any easier. Snape is pretty much the same though. He's always tough but I find his marking fair, everything else though, not so much. Becoming a Curse Breaker is a lot harder than I anticipated. It's good that I can get some help from Bill. Fred, George and Harry just got banned from Quidditch and they're all suffering. The twins are becoming restless and Harry is closing off and acting a little strange. But it's not like I can judge. Harry's been through a lot and having his outlet taken away is horrible. The twins wanted me to try out for the team but Mum never wanted me to play, saying it was too dangerous. As much as I want to I know Mum would be mad.

A hand landed on her shoulder making her jump in surprise. Turning around she saw a laughing Fred behind her. "Nice one Fred," George said. Lyra just glared at the two of them as they sat down on the couch on each side of her.

"What are you reading?" George asked leaning over.

"Nothing," Lyra said as she closed her journal. Fred reached over and took her journal reading the front cover. "Hey!"

"A journal?" Fred asked turning it over to see the back. "I didn't know you journaled." He said looking over to Lyra. Her cheeks heated in embarrassment at the thought of Fred reading her journal.

"It's not something I parade," Lyra said trying to cover up her embarrassment. She held out her hand and he gave her journal back. She tucked it into her shoulder bag and leant back on the couch letting out a sigh. "Do you know when we're leaving?" Lyra asked them.

"No idea, but soon I think," George said, leaning forward. Lyra could feel the silence envelope as the three of them just sat together. However, the silence didn't last long as the rumbling of footsteps became louder as Ron and Ginny descended the stairs. Mrs. Weasley wasn't far behind collecting her things in the kitchen and Lyra could hear the low conversation between Mrs. Weasley and Sirius. They made their way into the living room and gave each other a nod before leaving the safe house and Sirius behind.

The trip to St. Mungo's was short as Fred, George and Mrs. Weasley aparated everyone to the hospital. They walked inside and Lyra left the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione to see Mr. Weasley while she went up to see her mother. Lyra knocked on the door and walked inside when she heard her mother's soft voice. A smile immediately crossed Jane's face as she saw her daughter peek inside her room. It always feels like it's been too long and she notices subtle differences each time she sees Lyra. "Hi Mum, how are you feeling?" Lyra asked sitting on the side of the bed.

"I'm good, now." Jane smiled reaching out to Lyra. Taking her hand, Lyra scooted forward and settled in next to her mother. "You've grown so much since I saw you before term started." Jane said. Lyra looked down at their hands not wanting to look in her mother's eyes because she'll know she'll cry. It was hard seeing her mother look so different. She was so used to seeing her mum lively, happy, and healthy.