Chapter 6

"Sire, Lev and his men managed to secure the escape points as per your instructions."

"Very good, what of the apprehended fools calling themselves 'revolutionaries'?"

"They're all in panic sire."

The messenger guy reports with a pleasant smile. He seems to be pleased but hey he hates the guy's guts, so I'm cool with that.

I let out a grin behind my mask which unknowingly turn the atmosphere into something else."Good job, you may now go back to your unit."

"Yes, my lord."

The messenger disappears in my sight, leaving me in my usual company standing behind me. I hold no complain but the moonlight is just making me look like a mysterious masked man in a shoujo manga. And with the supposed two-handed sword that became one-handed to me strapped on my back, I can imagine myself being the prince charming guy to others, not that I complain of my good looks.

How shall I handle this Drew and the fake revolutionaries resisting to the change? This situation is just like a Meiji Period all over again except the guy's a certified corrupt to the core. I don't want some massacre but the soul essence reeked of corruption and darkness which is very dangerous to the society and other subjects who might possible have experienced unpleasant things personally done by that Drew. The last rumor which I confirmed before the raid, just infuriated me.

The girl who everyone thought was the scum's lover and fiancee, is in fact an unfortunate abused brainwashed victim herself.

It was a harsh and wake up call for me – seeing these kind of man, I will not allow them to be part of my government and army. They're the worst.

"As expected of my fated husband-sama, he alone can~" "I agree with Anne."

The two suddenly latches my arms with affection.

These two girls, I promise I will not let them get in the harm's way.

"Time to enter the climax part." I stated while ignoring the mental projection of captured 'game changers' begging for mercy.

What? You thought I'll say something that raises death flags? Sadly the confrontation that I'll be having later will be super boring with some of my men whose names I memorized doing their parts elsewhere.

I'm the main character, don't think I'll be gone so easily. Just assume my first upcoming fight is not worth to see due to me being an overpowered cheat.

I can't help it, the stats were like that from the start.

~

A group of armed masked figures releases a glare at the tied up up shriveling fatso nobles and merchants, accomplices and suspected foreign spies. The things they've found were all in tightly secured specially made crates guarded by one of the elite units, the Schutzenangel. The Schutzenagel is a tier-1 unit under the Königs Männer who were a different breed of knights compared to the Order of Infernalis. Unlike them, they were given a task personally by the Königs Männer High Commander in turn receives directives from The Lord himself.

It was all midnight after to do initial internal cleansing within the entirety of kingdom. So far, the Königs Männer themselves had been doing this menial tasks lately after Lord Arvyn descended and initiated the reforms. These reforms to be honest scared the dishonest individuals to the core. If you are in my place, don't be surprised of seeing arrests and executions every single day.

I, Ferdinand Frietz, Unit 1 Captain of Schutzenangel, arrive with two of my aides inspecting the captured prisoners.

"You call yourself a citizen of the Neutrali Kingdom? If The Lord is here, he would have erased you from this world after revoking your citizenship!" Bryle, one of my aide smacks the tied-up former noble with the pummel of his sword. The prisoner gasps from the hit since their magic reserves are sealed up very tightly like a ten thousand year old elder tree tied to the ground.

Bryle turns his head to my direction. Sigh, not that "What's next, Unit 1 Captain?" look again. We've been working together for like a couple of months after the Königs Männer established like a couple of weeks ago. This is I have to get use to. I'm the Unit Captain.

"Put them all in the newly built dungeon. The High Commander told us the persons in that list were to be placed there. As for the seized wealth and properties, make sure the crates are secured in 'that location'. No funny business. I want 30 members guarding that." I instructed him by telling the of basics of being a standard Neutrali soldier. Didn't rumors say The Lord himself personally inputted the basic manuals with the generals, veteran fighters and some individuals assisting him in that including the structures?

"Got it." The guy then went to tell the Unit 1 about my instructions. To be honest these instructions just came from the page of one of the basic manuals. So I did what the manual stated for cases like these.

Seeing 30 members of the Unit 1 doing what I instructed, my brown eyes see our fellow men ignoring prisoners' pleas of wealth and things in exchange of freeing them.

Well, we in Königs Männer and everyone in the Neutrali do not tolerate it. The gifts depending on a occasion and giving a tip to the service however can be seen as a bribe here now.

"Pleas-SLAP!"

These prisoners, in my eyes, were weeds from the start. Why? These types of people from His Highness' decree were not tolerated in his realm. As far I know before joining the ranks of Schutzenangel two months ago after graduating from the Officer School, some of my upperclassman mentioned a new order created by The Lord himself a different league from the Chivalric Order of Infernalis. So I tried my luck there and passed. The way we do things in Königs Männer is way more different in terms of chain of command and its nature. It got tier system. I don't know what's with tier system but I'll ignore that for now.

"Hey you forgot to put a gag on these prisoners!"

"Right, I am sorry about that Lin!"

Another usual day of doing the job. Great, gonna report the stuff and what happened today.

"Bryle, Charles, you know what to do."

~

The room that I am in is a bloody mess with blood stains on the floor and no traces of corpses.

"Your deeds, let alone speak for your actions. The day you did those despicable things already gave my judgment to you – death."

"P-please reconsider!" he grovelled.

The unstained sword that I wield in my hand together with the mask I wore, make me look like a reaper for causing this. My wrath alone can be too much to some but rapists? I can't tolerate it since they equate griefs to the innocent victims.

"I may be the God of Balance but you, Drew Dylserge and your family, already crossed beyond. Farewell."

Saying that I raise my blade to finish him painless, leaving traces of faint aura floating in the air.