Chapter Fourteen

It’s easy to wrap a man around your finger. You tell them what they want to hear and they’ll go to the ends of the world for you. Greg Lestrade just happened to be one of those poor saps. I felt bad for him and I knew he would never understand. No one would understand really. I was a serial killer and no one understands a serial killer. Not even other criminally insane monsters. Not even the famous consulting criminal himself knew what happened in my head.

That was my advantage.

                “Darling, how long should it take them to find us?” I asked boredly from my seat in the middle of the warehouse floor. I was tied up again, but the restraints were much looser this time. Jim stood beside me, his Westwood suit crisp as ever.

                “It’s only a matter of time. Your brother should be able to find us easily. I do hope that he brings John with him.” He smirked as he flipped through his phone.

                “John is his puppet; of course he’ll come along. That’s a given,” I scoffed and looked to the door on the other side of the room.

                The minutes ticked by like hours before the door finally busted open. Sherlock calmly led John and Greg into the room, his eyes glued to Jim as opposed to me.

                “Look who finally decided to show up!” Jim greeted them excitedly and turned to me, caressing my face with a gun. “Your cavalry found you in time, Jayden.”

                I looked up at Greg, faking weakness. He bought into it much too easily and it broke my heart just how oblivious he was to everything.

                “G-Greg…” I pleaded quietly and Jim hit me. It was all rehearsed, but it still struck me by surprise at how hard he hit me.

Greg started to rush to my side, but Jim aimed his gun at the detective’s head, clicking his tongue. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you, Mr. Lestrade. Actually, you might really hate the results of freeing her.”

“And why’s that?” Greg hissed, his eyes solid and I noticed just how serious he was about this.

Jim moved his gun away and motioned to me with the weapon. “Go ahead and try. Be my guest.”

Greg eyed him suspiciously then glanced to Sherlock who gave him the slightest nod of the head. The detective rushed to my side and started to undo my restraints. I sighed once he freed the tighter of my two restraints. I easily slipped my other hand free and used a leg to sweep him off his own feet. The room was silent as I swiftly grabbed Greg by the collar and forced him into my previously occupied seat, clamping his wrists to the chair with his own handcuffs.

“J-Jayden…” Greg looked at me astonished, his eyes filled with hurt as I pulled a gun out of the back of my pants and aimed it at John while Jim aimed his at Sherlock.

“Sorry, but some things just have to be done.” I shrugged and turned to my brother.

“And this isn’t one of those things! Jayden, what is going on here?” he yelled at me, his voice cracking slightly.

“Everyone has secrets, Greg, and this is mine. The criminal twin sister of Sherlock Holmes who’s engaged to Jim Moriarty. Didn’t you find it odd that he never spoke about me and then I suddenly appear back into his life? I’m disappointed. I thought you were smarter than that.” I looked at Greg. I did feel sympathy for him. The poor guy had horrible luck with women; first a divorce, then a girlfriend who was criminally insane.

“This isn’t you. No, the Jayden I knew would never do this. This, whatever you are now, is some monster. You’re the kind of person I put in prison at least twice a year.” He was determined to prove to himself that this wasn’t real, that I wasn’t real.

“The Jayden that you knew never existed. She was a fake used to reel in Sherlock Holmes for the kill. And honey,” I bent down in front of him. “I’m a thousand times more dangerous than anything you’ve EVER dealt with.”

“You’re not all fake…” he whispered helplessly, tears threatening to fall. “What about us? You can’t stand here and tell me that what we had meant absolutely nothing to you, not a thing at all.”

I ignored him and turned back to Jim. “Have fun with Sherlock.”

“Answer me!” Greg yelled at the top of his lungs before anyone else had the chance to speak.

“You’re right Greg, it didn’t mean anything to mean,” I replied coldly and tried to ignore him again.

Sherlock and John watched me intently, John looking entirely upset and Sherlock looking as if he had expected this the whole time.

“It’s funny how one person can change everything, isn’t it Sherlock?” Jim grinned at his adversary. “You really have become so touchingly sentimental.”

Sherlock didn’t find it at all entertaining. “Why don’t you grow up, Moriarty? You’ve been playing childish games. You’re not at all clever since you came back. Using family against me will get you nowhere.”

“Yet, here you stand in all your glory. Admit it; you’re losing your edge because you’re letting down your shields. We both know that you’re no sociopath. You’re a scared little kid who’s afraid to let others in because you think it will mess with your head. Little John and Victoria here are the only ones who can get under that cold skin of yours. You already lost Jayden, so what if you lost John?”

In a flash, Jim had his gun on John and Sherlock whipped a gun out, aiming it at Sherlock who was sitting in the sights of my own gun.

Suddenly, the loud sound of a gunshot filled the air and a body fell to the floor.

A/N: I'm on a roll tonight! I know it seems short, but we only have one more chapter left in the pressing story of our lovely Jayden Holmes.