Chapter Fifteen - Finale

• Dedicated to Kali Smith

I stood there, blood splattered on my face as Jim lay limply on the cold cement floor. All three living men looked at me in shock, including Sherlock.

“And by the way, it really didn’t mean anything.” I looked to Greg and he started to say something, but I cut him off. “It meant everything.”

He whispered my name and I couldn’t bring myself to say anything else as I undid the handcuffs that help him in place. He looked at me in utter surprise.

“Look, I know none of you trust me right now, though I hope that the idea that I killed my fiancée in cold blood right in front of you would help me, we have to get out of here. Sebastian Moran is just on the other side of this warehouse and it’ll be a matter of time before he decides to come see who got shot. If he catches us, there’s no doubt that he’ll go on a killing spree or set snipers on us, more specifically me.

“I suggest not going back to Baker St. and going to Scotland Yard would be a little too obvious. If anyone has any suggestions, speak now or forever hold your peace.” I looked at the three men and Sherlock spoke up.

“Lestrade’s flat is most likely our safest bet. If we leave now, we have a better chance of leaving without being followed.

The others agreed and they began to run off. I stopped and knelt beside Jim’s lifeless body. Flicking my pocket knife open, I carved VH into his arm in large letters.

“What are you doing? We don’t have time for this.” Greg reached for my arm as I stood.

“I figured if I carved my initials, then Sebastian would be more likely to come after me and leave the rest of you alone. I’ve already put you all through enough; I don’t need this added on to it.”

He ignored my explanation and pulled me out. We got into a taxi, feeling it would be too easy for his Greg’s van to be followed, and headed to his flat. Once at his flat, we locked all doors and windows and shut every blind and curtain we could.

“So, what are we supposed to do now?” John questioned as he took a seat, finally relaxing for the first time since earlier.

Greg turned to me. “You do realize that this means I’m going to have to arrest you, right? Murder, kidnapping of a police officer, falsified information to police, as well as false alarm of a kidnapping and assisted murder are all major offenses.”

“But you’re not going to are you?” I asked quietly, blood still on my face.

“And why shouldn’t I? Not only would it be illegal for me to let you go when I currently have you in my custody, but look at what you’ve done?”

“Look at what I’ve done? I just eliminated the world’s biggest threat from the face of the earth and you’re telling me to look at what I’ve done? Greg, you’re just upset because you thought I betrayed you. You know what, yes; I started out working for Moriarty. But I killed him, didn’t I? I’m obviously not working for him now. Something changed me during my stay at Baker St. and that ended up being a change that I could never undo. I never wanted to hurt you, Greg.” My voice was raised and we were face to face now with only inches between us.

“Oh, really? Then what did you want?” he snarled.

“It doesn’t matter,” I turned and started to walk out the door. “Because I’m never going to have it anyway.”

And that was the last time I ever saw Greg Lestrade.

Jayden Holmes, now going by the name of Victoria Holmes, sat in the office of a Mr. Mycroft Holmes. She needed to disappear and she needed to do it quick. What she didn’t know, was that a certain red headed sniper had her in his crosshairs.

Continued in Book 2 - The Hunt for Victoria Holmes

http://www.wattpad.com/story/31828578-the-hunt-for-victoria-holmes